1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 Deluxe Problems

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by bigmac86, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigmac86

bigmac86 Member

Hi guys,

I've had an R4 deluxe for a few months now, and its working fine, havn't had too many problems with it. One problem I have had is that some games when they are loading, just load a white blank screen. I've done a lot of searching and have found very little help.

I've read some tutorials about the dslazy software and it did indeed work for me with Sonic and the Dark Brotherhood, but this game didn't just load a blank screen, it just wouldn't save. The dslazy trick doesn't seem to work for me with games that load a blank screen, a few off the top of my head are: Rhythm Paradise(E), Crash of the Titans(E) or (U), Lux-Pain (U).

After doing a bit of research I've discovered (unfortunatly) that my R4 Deluxe is only a clone of the R4, however it seems to work fine except for a select number of games. I'm just wondering if anybody else has the same problem as me?

Just so you know, what I did with the dslazy software was open a game that works perfectly, copy the arm7, place it in a game that doesn't work and check it. This didn't work with any games that start with a blank screen. I then tried it with the arm9 file also, this didn't work either. Am I doing this correctly or does anyone have any tips for me? I saw something about an injector, but I don't know what this is and whether it will help me at all?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Keep up the great work too, romulation is by far the best rom website around!

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

If the arm7 patching doesn't work, try it with another arm7 file from a different game.

3. bigmac86

bigmac86 Member

I've tried it with about 4 different arm7 files, two I downloaded from rapidshare and two I got from my own working games

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Do you have the latest firmware?

5. bigmac86

bigmac86 Member

Yeah I think so, I have 1.20 which I think is like a fake version of 1.18 on the real R4? I can't seem to find any other firmware for the deluxe

6. bigmac86

bigmac86 Member

Oopsy, found a 1.22! Haha, hope this works!

7. bigmac86

bigmac86 Member

Shite, I've changed the firmware and now its not working at all. I deleted the 1.20 system files and copied the 1.22 files, is there something else I should have done?

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

sounds like you got the wrong firmware. Delete it and put the right one on.

9. bigmac86

bigmac86 Member

YAY! I formatted it and put on the updated firmware... all the games that wern't working are working now!

Thanks guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.