1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 Deluxe games show white screen + missing cheats

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Iceabeam, Jul 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iceabeam

Iceabeam Member

Before you guys ask, I tried searching for my error, but I couldn't find anything.

So hey guys! So I got my R4 Deluxe around last month, and I was pretty happy. I got tons of games, and had a blast. Although, yesterday, I downloaded these games, Final Fantasy : Chrystal Chronicles Echoes of Time, Meteos, and Dragon Quest Monsters : Joker. I recently read that Echoes of Time can't save without a different cheat engine, and I downloaded a new cheat engine, switched my old cheat engine with the new one, and added all the games into my SD card.

I opened my DS, went into my games folder, but they all looked like this. http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/7940/r4error.png Sorry for the bad quality. To those who can't read it, instead of having an icon, it just has a Nintendo DS and the name "Untitled." Then, when I open it, they'll either ; take around 10 minutes to load, then go into white screen, or automatically start to white screen. It worked before, but now it suddenly stopped working and ended like that.
    http://i25.tinypic.com/2uyoa4o.jpg That's exactly what it looks like. (Found it on GBATemp)

Also, oddly enough, my cheats had stopped working. My old cheat engine used to have games for all cheats, but like I have said before, I switched my old cheat engine with the new one, but I also realized it was still missing some cheats. It was missing cheats after the letter "N". I decided to switch back to my old one, but it was exactly like the new one that I downloaded. It was missing cheats after "N".

Something also happened to me last time. Grand Theft Auto : Chinatown Wars started up with a black screen on top, and a white screen on bottom, but I went to my cousins house, and he sent me his Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars from SD card to SD card, and it worked.

Thanks in advantage to those who read.

By the way, my firmware is also v1.20

Edit: Ah, I haven't read this part
    "Game freezes at some or any point (or even loading) in the game: or, firmware freezes at any part

FLASHCART: Backup all your files and folders, and then format your card. This makes it faster as they generally read slower later on in their life. If this doesn't work, your MicroSD etc. is most likely too slow. Choose a Kingston or Sandisk, since they are the best to choose from."
    I have a Kingston, but my R4 isn't that old.
    I tried ARM7 patching, but it didn't work either, unless I did something wrong. :/

2. linkaegar

linkaegar New Member

See, this is the type of complaining that I always see on forums. Icy, try formatting or use YSMenu. Also, try the R4-ADVANCE firmware to see if that works. Either that, or get a new flashcart, such as Acekard, DSTT, iTouchDS, CycloDS, or Supercard DSONE. Or, get R4-III SDHC. It's loader is the same as DSTT. Try it out.

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

The age of the cartridge won't matter. Try updating your firmware http://www.linfoxdomain.com/ds/

4. Iceabeam

Iceabeam Member

Icy? Randy, you're my cousin.

Anyhow,
    Ah, yeah. Thanks. My cousin sent me a update v1.22 firmware.

Edit: I updated my firmware, but all it gives me is a purple menu :/

Okay, nothing worked. I tried updating my firmware, gave me a purple menu. I tried ARM 7 patching, failed. I tried YS Menu, was stuck at loading. I could format my SD Card, but I have some of my computer things in there.

5. anandjones

Then just back them up (copy them somewhere). Are you installing http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/dl.php/R4iDeluxe_v1.27_English.zip ?

6. Iceabeam

Iceabeam Member

Oh, I'm using my really old computer right now, and I got to transfer some files to my new one computer when it ships. I'm not using the R4i one.

Also, my R4 is currently stuck at "Loading...", I updated my firmware from the R4 Deluxe site, linfoxdomin, and none of them are helping me.

7. anandjones

Try backing up, reformat your MicroSD, and reinstall firmware. Otherwise, try the other firmware.

8. Iceabeam

Iceabeam Member

Alright, thanks for helping me!
    Also, the other firmware would work? It looks like it's for the R4i, isn't it? :/

9. anandjones

Maybe, you just have to try. Usually they don't though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.