1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 clone help please (bringing the thread from the dead read last post).

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by GothiqueFTW, Sep 12, 2010.

1. GothiqueFTW

GothiqueFTW Well-Known Member

Hello there Romulation; It's been a while, I really missed this site.
    There is no actual problem here, but I have a few questions that no one would answer better than you.
    I have one of those counterfeit R4s (It's called advance or something)+YSmenu and I haven't gotten any new games in a while (Not since Pokémon soul silver).
    I would love if you updated me on what kind of new YSmenu, R4 Wood and other such things that would make it possible to run new games (Lego Harry Potter, Dragon Quest, etc ...), because I can easily assume none of them will work using the software that I have now(I haven't updated since SS).

2. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

Re: R4 clone help please.

search on romulation for the latest extinfo find the link to the latest download it and put extinfo infolib and savlib in the ttmenu folder cheats are optional also lego harry potter isnt fixed yet i think

3. GothiqueFTW

I would still want the latest YSmenu first.
    And I need a reply in advance if Dragon Quest will work on it.

4. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

ysmenu 1.17a13 only works on r4 originals, or r4sdhc. ysmenu 1.17a12 is pretty much the same thing as 1.17a13, specially with the ysmenu fixes

5. japanadiandood

japanadiandood New Member

YSMenu only works on orginal R4 Cards, so if you want to play new games, you will have to find the patches or Action Replay codes on the Internet to unlock the Anti-Piracy Patch. It takes time to make the patches, so you will probably have to wait around 2 weeks after the game is released.

6. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

WoodR4 v1.12 will work for all them games , but im unsure if it works on an R4 clone...

They are two diffent verion's of YSMenu one buil't for R4 and one for R4 clone's like SDHC version R4

If you'r R4 dose not suport SDHC as it has to say SDHC on the R4 box to suoprt SDHC microSD chips - Then is original

An R4 original only support's upto a 2gb microSD chip

7. GothiqueFTW

I'm really sorry for getting that thread from the dead, but no use to make a new thread over the same subject.
    I'm now running a (YSmenu 1.17a12) on my counterfeit R4, but I haven't been in the scene for a while (since I made that thread) and have had no luck using the search feature to get the updates. Can someone please summarize to me the updates on R4 clones.
    It seems I can't run games since (Tetris Party Deluxe) and newer, I keep getting the famous -4 error.
    Post Merge: [time]1296675143[/time]
    I heard that you should have the latest savelib or something, but I'm not sure what to search for.

8. Marth16

Marth16 Well-Known Member

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=qnj2lircsvvn4742p0frl1mm37&topic=43121.0
    Most games should work except that are released a few days ago

9. GothiqueFTW