1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 Cheats won't show up?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Nehalem, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Nehalem

Nehalem New Member

I used R4CCE to put Action Replay codes for the patched Pokemon SoulSilver. The Game ID is the same as the ROM. But, when I put the Pokemon SoulSilver.dat file in the games folder with the Pokemon SoulSilver.nds, the cheats won't show up. Did I do something wrong?

I use an R4i, I believe. (Because the R4 uses the R4i firmware, even though the card says R4...)

2. Shinigamiz

Shinigamiz Active Member

Did you save the cheat datafile as Pokemon Soulsilver.dat?
    If that is so you should save your file as usrcheat.dat
    :)

3. viperver1

viperver1 Active Member

Basically if things won't work, just rename the cheat datafile (in this case SoulSilver.dat) into usrcheat.dat.

Sometimes some carts don't provide suciffent cheat support so making a .cht file with the codes might get it working but it needs to be in the right format.

4. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

The trick is that cheat.dat is encrypted and the USRCheats are not
    when you save your .dat database for r4 make sure you tick the box
    ENCRYPT file for R$ or they will not work.

The second thing with R4 is it has a limitation of cheats:

There is a problem with some flashcards such as the R4DS and all of its clones (M3 Simply, N5DS, ect) which limits the number of cheats that are displayed for games. This means that cheats for games that appear at the end of the cheat file are not displayed, this includes games for The World Ends With You, Yu-Gi-Oh, Trauma Center and others.

You have four options, the first is to get a new flashcard, the second is to delete the games from the cheat file you don't plan to use, the third option is to move the games to the top of the list and the fourth option is to use an alternate firmware/loader for your flashcard such as YSMenu, AKAIO and so on.

Before posting about games not having cheats in the forums, please check the GameList.txt file to see if the game really does have cheats.

Simply keep a R4 cheat.dat encrypted below the 2 MB with cheats and all cheats will work.

5. serhat359

serhat359 Well-Known Member

ok I say it again: PATCHED ROMS DO NOT SHOW CHEATS!

just copy an original rom to your micro sd after putting cheats
    turn on your ds, highligth the original rom, it will show cheats
    after that patched rom will show cheats too

6. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

People seem to forget when you patch games theire
    game ID changes too!!

A original game has a diffrent game ID als a Patched one.

You can check your game ID with R4cce