1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 cheats stupiditeeee -_-

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by HellsingDog, Sep 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HellsingDog

HellsingDog Active Member

So, my R4DS Pro wont read cheats =( - both USR and Cheat.dat's from the M.C.C. from GBAtemp - even after skinning it down to 73 files -_-! SO,is there any other reasons its not working?

Btw, - I have no idea wat ver. my R4DS Pro - (also sold as name "R4i") so is not updating the reason??? it works with my DSi already tho, so is there a more recent one already?

Oh and is YSmenu a instant solve for the stupid cheat missing-ness?

2. aussiedragon975

aussiedragon975 Active Member

3. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

The cheat won't show up?It's included in the Common Thread.

4. HellsingDog

HellsingDog Active Member

"Easy fix, flashcarts like the R4, cannot read databases over 4MB or read from databases that have over 800 game entries (since you may have gotten it from here probably because of firmware bugs or perhaps they load it gradually into main RAM. Solution? Just use R4CCE by Yasu to modify and delete entries out of the database. This should allow those cheats you want to enable, show on the firmware of your flashcart. Or, you can patch the R4DS kernel using r4bugfix2 (google), which fixes the flaw." - this is what the common issues thread says, I've already tried deleting entries thus, 73 out of 800 and it still wont work, I dunno wat the hell 'kernel' means being a newb but Ive tried the R4bugfix thing and it gave me a stupid error message =/

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Kernel is another name for firmware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.