1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 cheat problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by wolf2657, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolf2657

wolf2657 Active Member

ok, so I have followed the instructions in a walkthrough and in my R4 it shows I have the cheat and I have enabled cheats and all that fun stuff but in the end it dosent work. any suggestions?

2. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Make sure you have enabled the cheats (check "Cheat Enable").

3. wolf2657

wolf2657 Active Member

ya there enabled

4. yoshi2889

And make sure you touch "Save & Exit" instead of "Discard & Exit".

5. wolf2657

wolf2657 Active Member

ive done that too

6. yoshi2889

Well... Reinstall your firmware?

7. wolf2657

wolf2657 Active Member

Im not sure if that would solve the problem, cheats that come with the R4 for older games still work but added cheats do not

8. yoshi2889

It must be a firmware problem. The R4's firmware doesn't add the cheats while loading.

9. wolf2657

wolf2657 Active Member

ok so I just tested cheats that come with the newest installed firmware and they work but cheats i have added with cheat code editor do not work but show up on cheats list

10. yoshi2889

Maybe the cheats aren't compatible with your flashcard.

11. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

Try keeping the cheatdatabase below the 2Mb. If the database is bigger
    cheats that are ticked on will not work.

There is a problem with some flashcards such as the R4DS and all of its clones (M3 Simply, N5DS, etc) which limits the number of cheats that are displayed for games. This means that cheats for games that appear at the end of the cheat file are not displayed, this includes games for The World Ends With You, Yu-Gi-Oh, Trauma Center and others.

You have four options, the first is to get a new flashcard, the second is to delete the games from the cheat file you don't plan to use, the third option is to move the games to the top of the list and the fourth option is to use an alternate firmware/loader for your flashcard such as YSMenu, AKAIO and so on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.