1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 card

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by belshaw4367, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. belshaw4367

belshaw4367 New Member

Hiya

Im relatively new to all this but have done some reading on r4 cards, software and games etc. I think its common knowledge that not all games can play on certain software on the r4 without being patched but what i wanted to know is if there is a way to bypass patching by installing new software? I have read on various forums about ysmenu software, would installing this bypass the need for patching? My daughter, brother and sister have R4 cards and it can get a bit tedius testing all the games and patching the ones that wont work!

Sorry if this has already been answered and if it has where can i find the link??

Many thanks!

Niki ;D

2. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

What type of R4 is yours?
    I know for a fact YSMenu works on the Original R4,but I'm not too sure about the other clones.

There's a download link in this topic if you want to try it.
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=27617.0

3. belshaw4367

belshaw4367 New Member

Thanks for the reply, im not sure what sort of R4 it is?? (only just discovered there were such things just before christmas! haha) How do i find out?

Just to add i brought myself a R4 SDHD card and have had no problems with games so far, even the ones that wont play on my daughters R4 card?

4. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

R4 SDHC is a clone then,dunno if YSMenu will work.
    The original R4's name is just R4,the official firmware is stuck at 1.18.

5. belshaw4367

belshaw4367 New Member

Mine is the R4 SDHD but as i said i have had no problems with any games as of yet. My daughters, brothers and sisters are all just R4, i will have a look at the link you posted, thanks for the help ;D ;)

6. sonicfanboy

sonicfanboy Well-Known Member

it is possible there is a tutorial in the tutorial section hope i helped

7. belshaw4367

belshaw4367 New Member

Ooh thanks! I'll have a look when the kids are in bed then i can concentrate haha ;)

8. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Ysmenu will not work on the R4 SDHC , But will however YSMenu will work on your R4 original

R4 Kernal v1.18 + DSTT v1.17a12 will be best, just run ysmenu.nds like a game for the use of ysmenu, then run your game after

Games fixed list for Ysmenu

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=195808&st=0&start=0

9. Batman168

Batman168 Well-Known Member

I have an original r4, and and r4 Ultra -sigh-
    The YS menu.. for me at least, is setup as the main firmware, and is booted right into it, the only thing is I wish it had a little better engrish, If I knew a way to change all the text in the firmware menus, I totally would, and i'de share it with everyone, if anybody does know how, then PM me : D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.