1. This forum is in read-only mode.

r4 card

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by tracyc, Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tracyc

tracyc New Member

I'm new to this and tried to download several games. The download worked and I got it from my comp. to the sd card that fits in the r4 card but when I put it in my ds and turn on the power the screen just says "menu ?". Does anyone know what I've done wrong? Thanks for any help you can offer.

2. D247

D247 Member

Did you put the firmware on the sd card also

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

It is looking for the Menu files. You need to load these files onto your MicroSD.

You can download the files at the website on the box or paperwork that came with your R4, which is the best place to start. Or you can go to www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds and download the files for your card.

4. tracyc

tracyc New Member

Thank you to those who replied. My card did not come with a box or paperwork so I'm unsure of what firmware I'm supposed to put on the sd card. When you say it's looking for the Menu files I don't know what those files are. Are there certain ones for each game? I went to the link you provided but am totally lost on what to do there!

5. D247

D247 Member

You need to google R4 firmware version 1.18 if you have original R4, if not you need to figure out which R4 you have and google the firmware for it. I won't even start with the mods for said firmware yet.

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You need firmware (menu files) specific for your flashcart. Think of them as the 'Windows' operating system for the R4. Basically, look on the brand logo of your R4 and link it to the firmware site http://linfoxdomain.com/ds/ and download the latest version file. If you're unsure, then just choose the regular 1.18 for R4. http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/?mode=desc&fileid=1786 Installation instructions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.