1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 card software

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by disney1, Jul 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disney1

disney1 New Member

Ok, Im a complete newby, so if this is obvious please bear with me. Thanks. No1 child has an r4 card given as a gift. Have had no problems getting games to work on it though. Bought no2 child a card as well (saves fights, and stupid not to have one) this one was a different version, an R4 update card. Downloaded the software, installed it on the card and all is well. However I keep coming across posts from folk saying the software on the cards should be the latest version. Does this mean I should update the software on the origional R4 card to the same as the update card? or will that stop it working. I usually work on the basis of if it aint broke dont fix it, but this might be the exception! thanks for any advice. :)

2. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I say that if it works fine, just go with what you have now

3. disney1

disney1 New Member

Thanks. Only issue Ive had so far was a "save not found" on ?game (getting old, memory going! lol) resolved it with the arm7 thingy. Dont think updating card would have helped that anyway, so..? will just wait and see what happens. Ta. :)

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Use only the latest firmware for a specific type of R4. http://www.linfoxdomain.com/ds/

5. Mario94

Mario94 Well-Known Member

If its working fine you dont really have to worry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.