1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 Card questions

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by lamedudese, Mar 26, 2013.

1. lamedudese

lamedudese Member

Hi guys!

I just bought an r4 card for my nds lite. Unfortunately, getting it to work is a bit harder than I thought. My card looks like this:

EDIT: Pic doesn't work, it's a black card, says: 'R4 Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS). There's no hologram stickers on the back.

I have no idea if this is an original or a clone card. I'm using a 4gb SDHC card. I know that the original r4 card doesn't support a 4gb or higher card, but if my card is a clone, should it work? (I've tried searching for an answer online, but I couldn't find it, so I'm sorry for asking a somewhat simple question!)

If my card is in fact a clone, is there special firmware I need to use to get it to work with my 4gb SDHC card? Cause I tried R4 wood latest version and it doesn't work...

Many thanks!

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Hi.

Your R4 original will only support anythink up to a 2GB micro SD chip

Sorry not 4gb sdhc, but could work with a very rare 4gb "Non sdhc"

Yes 4GB sdhc will only work on clone R4s, Original R4 only up to 2GB.

Also best firmware to date for R4 original is Wood R4 1.57

So its possible it maybe your micro sd type causing the issue.

Hope some of this helps.

3. lamedudese

lamedudese Member

Thanks, I'll buy a 2 gig micro sd card and try it out, I'll let you guys know!

4. Jhon 591

See if a friend has one to borrow maybe in a old mobile are somethink, 512MB / 1GB / 2GB max.

Save you buying one just to test.
    Post Merge: [time]1364322752[/time]
    EDIT:

My R4 original looks like this

[​IMG]

Make sure the bubbles at the top are half sliced, and not full rounded, if full rounded could mean clone.

Half sliced means original.

5. lamedudese

lamedudese Member

Yes, thats what mine looks like!

So you're sure that's an original r4 card?

6. Jhon 591

I own one, mines the right of this pic :) with the half at the top, But just be caufull of this.

[​IMG]

7. lamedudese

lamedudese Member

Okay, now I'm confused >_<

This is my card

[​IMG]

Is it an original or a clone?

8. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

That's not the greatest picture in the world, but it looks pretty original to me.
    The easiest way is to see if Wood R4 works.

9. lamedudese

lamedudese Member

Well Wood R4 doesn't work. But if my card is original, it must be because I'm using a 4gb sdhc card. I'll buy a cheap san disk 2g card tomorrow, and try it out!

Thanks!

10. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Yeah. Just read the rest of the topic :)
    Just grab a 2GB and try it out. If it works, you got an original and can start playing ROMs.

11. Jhon 591

Sadly its the clone of the original, but not the original.

Take a look at the full overalls at the top of your card, as you see original has half overalls along the top ledge.

Also the overalls are big, original are squshed.

But is they no website on on box it came in, are did you just get the card ?.

However it still maybe possible it just the 4GB MicroSD, so try others as a experiment

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=40353.0

12. lamedudese

lamedudese Member

Darn... I got it in a small package, from here: http://redsale.nl/V2/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=61

The problem I have with it by the way, is that's it's stuck on the loading screen. Could this be related to the micro sd card beging 4g sdhc?

13. Jhon 591

If you pay atttention to detail, that card you posted an image of look fake / clone, the one on the website looks real original.

Only thing to do is try a 512mb are 1gb are maybe 2gb chip

Are dont know if are it would work, I only own the original and not fake version, and works well with a 2GB mciroSD chip and woodr4 .

14. lamedudese

lamedudese Member

I tried a 2 gig card from a friend, it now works perfectly with r4 wood v 1.57.

Thanks for the help guys!

15. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Oh good :)
    Happy gaming!