1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 card help please

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by tommy1979, May 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommy1979

tommy1979 Member

hey every1
    i have a r4 card and it works fine on my ds witch is only about 6 months old but when i put the card into my sons older ds it does not work at all its like as if i turn on the ds with no game in

any help would be great
    thanks in advance
    tom

2. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

so you turn it on, and the [NINTENDO] logo doesn't come up at the top screen right? it happens quite a bit with mine as well. (notice: may not work for everyone and has minor potential damage) i just take out the card, blow into the contacts to clear the dust (watch you don't spit by accident!), do the same with the MicroSD, then put it all together, stick in the card, and give the back of the Slot-1 a light tap. works for me 90% of the time.

3. tommy1979

tommy1979 Member

thanks rush n kaos i tried a new sd card and works on both now

also does any1 know how much space i should leave on an sd card for the sav files i have about 200mb free is that enough ?
    thanks again

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Ya, that's plenty.

I believe most save files don't ever go over 512kb, with the rare one going to 1mb (Pokemon Platinum and GTA: Chinatown Wars I think).

So that will leave you room for 200 save files with 1MB size (but most are smaller).

5. tommy1979

tommy1979 Member

super thanks tirithrr
    thanks guys for all your help
    great site keep up the good work
    tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.