1. This forum is in read-only mode.

r4 card for ds2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by silvanaslinkysilv, Sep 20, 2009.

1. silvanaslinkysilv

silvanaslinkysilv New Member

Hi, I have just joined up - I am sort of computer talk illiterate so hopefully you guys can understand me and any help would be appreicated - I have a R4 card and want to download only 1 game for my son's ds - I manage to download :-\and save to file, but when i transfer it to the removable disc, it doesn't seem to work - I have tried winzipping it (not that i really not what a winzip is) but again doesn't work - any help would be appreciated and again sorry for sounding so dumb

2. juanlaginia

juanlaginia New Member

when u transfered the file? u unzipped (or unrar) it first? R4 dont work with .zip or .rar files. And check if you need a program to save it.

3. silvanaslinkysilv

Oh Thanks, so I don't unzip it and where do you find the program to save it -

4. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

You download the program Winrar.
    Then connect your MicroSD to pc,by way of USB stick
    Double click on the game file you downloaded
    Click on Extract To,and in the box that open up,click on whatever drive is the Removable Stick,then scroll to "Games" Folder and stick it there.
    If you look in that folder,you should see the game there named .NDS file.

5. Mikiie

Mikiie Well-Known Member

Wrong section, but what do you mean by "save it"
    simply take the .rar file and use winzip to extract it into the removable disk.
    keep trying mate ;)

6. silvanaslinkysilv

Ohhhh, will try again - this seems all too hard for me - thanks for your help guys

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Just adding to this-prehaps you may also require firmware-these card's don't have it out of the box.

Unfortatly I lack experience with r4 cards-ther installation seems difficult even to me :(

(and try prehaps adding games when he beat the one he's got so you get your monies worth on the card)

8. lolcarb

lolcarb New Member

silvanaslinkysilv... if you still need help with this. PM me and I'll see if I can help. I have a copy of winrar if you need it too.

9. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

R4 firmware isn't difficult at all... just download it from here: http://www.r4ds.cn
    then extract the contents of the rar file onto the card

as for the DS games: download them from romulation, then extract the rar file onto the card as well. I would recommend using winrar rather than winzip.

you can get winrar from here: http://rarlab.com/download.htm

10. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

yeah, the r4 doesn't get all that much support since around june 2008, as the company died and stuff.(Big N threatened them)