1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 bug?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by PheiChi, Sep 23, 2010.

1. PheiChi

PheiChi Member

Hi~

I'm actually really noob at this... I don't even properly know what version my R4 is, so I'll just type here what I see: R4 Deluxe Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS)

That is the R4 I'm using.

I was having a really hard time finding a Pokemon HG/SS to download in English, but I finally did. It ran all ok, I could save and all...

But after I installed that game, I tried installing other games and they wouldn't run.

All the games that were already inside the R4 worked perfectly... But every other I added later did not.

I even tried copying/pasting working files into the R4 again but they wouldn't work. It seems no .nds will work. I only got to get my other Pokemon Platinum working after clearing the .sav file.

I have no idea what happened. Could it be virus? Or is it just some bug?

Help would be appreciated~

2. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

based on what i've found, the firmware for your card was last updated 5 months ago, so that could contribute to some issues...but on another note, what games have you tried after putting on HG/SS? because i bet it just has to do with compatibility...

3. PheiChi

PheiChi Member

I tried creating a new .nds file of Pokemon Platinum, which I already had running (renaming it, of course) but it wouldn't work.

But other games I tried... lol I can't remember, but... for example 13 Sai no Hello Work, Tetris... (recently)

4. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

hmmm...that's interestingly a problem i never encountered...let's do this...download this: http://filetrip.net/f/10976-Panasonic_SDFormatter_v3BETA.rar
    install it, then plug the SD card in your computer, and back up everything (like copy to a folder on your desktop) after that, you will need to download this: http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/dls/R4Deluxe_v1.22_English.zip
    that is what i believe to be what they call the "firmware" for your card..

now for directions...
    backup SD card
    run panasonic SD formatter
    select "options" then "full format, erase off", then let it do it's thing.
    download what i said is your firmware.and extract it to a folder on your desktop.
    copy
    _system_
    moonshl
    _AX_MENU.DAT
    _DS_MENU.DAT
    _DS_MSHL.NDS
    introduction.doc

and paste them to your SD card.
    after doing that, put your games back on, and test ;P

5. PheiChi

PheiChi Member

Th-Thank you very much!