1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 3DS not working. Old 3DS version. Please help.

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by ramoz, Dec 23, 2014.

1. ramoz

ramoz New Member

Hello. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post my question, please steer me in the right direction if it's not.

I have a 3DS and an R4 3DS that have not been in action for quite a while.
    My 3DS is on version 4.5.0-10U. From my understanding so far, this firmware blocks all flash-carts. correct ?
    I'm not sure what version my R4 3DS is on but from the "version.txt" that i found in the "R4iMenu" folder says 16/5/2012. I don't know if this is accurate or not.

I basically want to know how I can get this to work today. I haven't been able to find an answer by searching google as every post I'm finding is about problems with current updates or the time when the 4.5.0-10 software came out.

Whenever I boot the card i get " an error has occurred. press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Refer to the Operations Manual for details "

Any help would be greatly appreciated it.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Your cart is blocked by the 3DS's firmware/kernel. Look for update in it's official website that says compatible with v.4.5.0 or even better if it supports v.9.3.0. Even if there is, you need to find an older 3DS below firmware/kernel v.4.5.0, DSi below v.1.4.3, or even better use an NDS Fhat (1st gen NDS) or NDS Lite (2nd gen NDS) to do the upgrading of your cart. If your cart's website doesn't have it, then your only other option is to buy a new cart that has update to run on 3DS v.4.5.0 or latest v.9.3.0.