1. This forum is in read-only mode.

QuickQuestion about Dolphin

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by jackketchum, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackketchum

jackketchum Active Member

Am I supposed to use the 32bit Win or 64bit Win? And also, how powerful should my computer be to run it? I installed it onto my portable hard drive and when I tried to run a game it said there was a dll error, one of the pad thingies I think. I'll post again tomorrow when I got the exact name. This is with the 32bit Win, SVN 3661 on emulator-zone.com

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

The emulator that you are using missing some file, i think.. .;D
    Try search at this website... www.thepurplecube.org

3. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

If the pad is the problem that is the same problem i had, in order to fix it you need to update DirectX, after that it should work fine.

You can update it here:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3

Heres another link, they look the same but you should try them both:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

About 64 or 32 bits, it depends on you OS.

And to answer your PC speed question, The faster the better.

Hope it Helps ;)

4. jackketchum

My computer isn't particularly powerful, I think it's some 512MB RAM, not sure though. My operating system is Windows XP, and the error that comes up is:

Error loading Plugins/Plugin_PadSimple.dll: can't read info.

then comes:

Can't init any PAD plugins.

then finally:

Couldn't init the core. Check your configuration.

Then some debug program comes up, and I click okay to close it. On another computer a different error comes up:

Can't create opengl renderer. You might be missing some required opengl extensions, check the logs for more info.

What am I missing for the first set of errors, and what's missing for the second?

5. fgghjjkll

fgghjjkll Well-Known Member

please install the DirectX SDK.
    Dolphin does not come with ANY DirectX files, so it requires the SDK. Or so i have been told.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I just downloaded direct x 9c from the microsoft web site :D

That helps...

And use the 32bit version of dolphin-I use that on my weak vista laptop...

Also...I have a feeling that your pc is gonna struggle with any sort of speed with 3-d games-if you can withstand slow gameplay i suppose it's fine...but..

My laptop has 1GB ram-yet lugi's mansion runs at half the speed it should...

So yours might do worse-unless you focus on the 2-D games likem ikragua or whatever it's called (made by treasure...space ship shoter) then it's only gonna be a pain.

It's easier but at times more costly to locate a gamecube, chip it, modifiy the disc laser power and burn mini dvd's.

Or chip/soft mod a wii ;D

7. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

yes, you need a meaty pc to run Dolphin

whether you will be able to play any games on it at all i'm not sure,

but if you do, then the fps may make the game/s unplayable

8. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Try use the previous of Dolphin. ;D

9. jackketchum

Where do I find the SDK, and what is it?

10. slingshot182

11. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Isn't SDK, Software Development Kit?

12. slingshot182

I believe so, but Dolphin needs it to run for some reason. :/

13. jackketchum

[[Failed to grab 1 GB of contiguous memory!
    Do you have an antivirus program or any other program
    that injects itself into every process, consuming address space?
    Or simply a bad graphics driver?

Dolphin will handle this better in the future by falling back to slow memory emulation.
    For now, sorry, but it won't work. Try the 64-bit build if you can.]]

After that error, this one comes up:

[[Can't create opengl renderer. You might be missing some required opengl extensions, check the logs for more info.]]

[[The instruction at "0x7c90100b" referenced memory at "0x00000014". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program]]

Do the errors mean the computer's too weak? I would be getting a new computer hopefully by December, so it'll have to wait 'till then to test it out if it refuses to work for this com. Or will the 64-bit one work?

14. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

I had this problem to and it can not be an antivirus program as i unistalled it

I seams no matter what i do it just dose not work!, Mabe it's the system

15. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

you said your pc isn't that powerful, and only 512mb ram, so I would say,

it is your pc, as in not being powerful enough to run Dolphin

16. Jhon 591

I have 2gb or ram and 2.4ghz and it is still dose not work!, also my geforce nvidia 8400GS card has 512mb of ram on it

I think the pc mabe nead two cores on it

17. slingshot182

It doesn't need 2 cores, my computer is running Dolphin fine with only one.

18. Jhon 591

My nvidia geforce card is a PCI slot one, I wounder if the driver for this can cause a problem, Please how are you using the emulator that works on a signal core?

Unless you need more then 2gb of ram? to get more then 1 GB of contiguous memory

And what FPS are you geting on your system?

19. jackketchum

So I'll have to wait and test it on my new computer to find out if the 'opengl renderer' thing is a power insufficiency?

20. Jhon 591

Ok so i managed to get past the 1 GB of contiguous memory bit buy disableing the "Use Panic Handlers"
    in dolphin configuration

But it still crashes, I down't know if thats because im using a homebrew games .doll , .elf files or not, Or i just need to update my SDK?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.