1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Quick save final fantasy 3 doesn't work on R4 3DS?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Corgy, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Corgy

Corgy New Member

Hi guys !

This is my first post on this forum and i hope i can get some help for this.
    I have a R4i 3DS flashcard, bought it about half a year ago and never had any problems with it at all!
    Yesterday i tried to play final fantasy 3 on it, game works fine yet the quick save function doesn't seem to work.

There was already an old save file on the game from a friend of mine when he borrowed my 3DS. I wanted to play the game so i selected 'new game' in stead of 'load game'. In the first bit (still in the cave) i tried to quick save, because i know you can't do a normal save if you're not on the world map. I got the message telling me to turn of the system and that i could continue my game when i selected 'load game' next time, but that my quick save file would then be lost. (the normal message you get when you try to do a quick save). I tried quick saving two different times and the first time i only shut off the rom itself by returning 'home', and then started the rom again. When i selected 'load game', i ended up on the old save file... So i started a new game again and again tried to quick save, still in the first cave and this time i shut down my 3DS completely and then turned it back on. When i selected 'load game' i once again ended up on the old save file....

Is this a problem that can be fixed? Any help would be greatly appreciated ;)

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Quick saves in FF3 is temporary and meant to be continued without shutting down the console, just up to returning to main menu and when you choose to continue, that quick save is immediately auto-deleted. So if you meant to stop playing, and shut down console, it's best you do a normal save via the world map (not in dungeon or cave). There are 3 save slots to use, so if you've already used 1 (as mentioned by you there's an existing old save file), just choose to save on the remaining 2 slots. Problem will be solved.

3. Corgy

Corgy New Member

Thanks for the reply !

So the quick save even disapears when you don't shut down your nintendo 3DS but just go back to the nintendo 3DS start 'home' menu? then why does the notification itself after you quick save tell you to "shut down the system"?
    And basically what you're saying is that you have to return to the game's start menu for it to keep the quick save, am i correct?
    But how do you do that after you get the notification to "shut down the system"? I don't see an option to return to the main menu of the game.

Sorry for all the questions, just want to get to the bottom of this :p

4. Prectorian

For all I know it should have shut itself down and return to main menu on its own. But most people says quick saving in FF3 isn't the way to go. Best stick to the normal save via world map. The game itself should not contain any issue as there's no anti piracy protection in it.

5. Corgy

Corgy New Member

I quickly turned up my 3DS and tested it again, suddenly the problem seems to have solved itself? I tried quicksaving and returning tot the 3DS home menu an then restarting => i had a 'continue' option and accessed my quicksave.
    I then quicksaved again and shut down the 3DS entirely, started it back up and again had acces to my quicksave via the 'continue' option...

Strange, yesterday i only had the options 'load game' or 'new game' :p

6. Prectorian

You probably pressed a button to many times and causes it to skip a screen/step. But if it's solved then that's good. Still, it's better to save the normal way.

7. Corgy

Corgy New Member

I'll keep that advice in mind,

thanks for the help !

8. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

As prectorian said, quick saving is only temporary. This is how it is to not only FF3, but most games. When you "Quicksave" you halt your play, and when you open it up again that save file is deleted as it was meant to be a one-time save. This should not really be much of a problem, as you can quicksave whenever you want.