1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Quick question re: Acekard and DSi

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by cherry6, Apr 3, 2010.

1. cherry6

cherry6 Member

Just a quick one guys...
    My niece has a DSi, wont play the Acekard 2.1 because of the error thing, so have downloaded the Danny Phantom patch. It comes in 2 types, the DSi and DS Lite. Because I am fixing it on my DS lite, (as obviously I cant do it on her DSi), do I add the DSi or the DS lite one? Because although its the DSi that wont work with the Acekard, I am fixing it on the Lite...if you get my drift!

2. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Acekard 2.1 (Not 2i) will work without the DannyPhantom Fix on the DSlite.

3. miros

miros Well-Known Member

I see your predicament...if I were you I would download AKAIO 1.6 RC-2 firmware, copy and paste the __aio folder and akmenu4.nds right over the pre existing firmware files, and give the Acekard back to your niece. However, if this is not an option for you, then do the DSi patch on your DS lite. You are only changing some system files, so you should still have compatibility with your DS lite for the AK 2i. Warning, I have never had any kind of experience with the Danny Phantom patch, so I cannot help you if this Danny Phantom patch corrupts your microSD card. If you installed the AKAIO firmware correctly, then there is no need to use this patch, and you will not encounter "the error thing". Just p.m. me if you want the correct method for installing the latest AKAIO firmware. Best of luck,
    miros

4. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

If you use the DannyPhantom Patch, there is a chance from 0.01% that it'll brick your Acekard.

5. miros

miros Well-Known Member

WAIT!!!

The Nintendo DSi cannot work with the Acekard 2.1 because of the incompatible hardware. If you want to load roms on your DSi, you will have to purchase the Acekard 2i, as this flashcard has the necessary hardware load roms on the DSi.
    miros

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The 2.1 won't work on a dsi, and the danny phantom isn't required on a ds lite.

(I don't even know why they made that patch because it's really a fix for the 1.4 firmware on dsi's...it must be for updating purposes).

So you can forget about the danny phantom thing then and wait for the ds lite :)

[me=hYpNoS]nods head[/me]

7. cherry6

cherry6 Member

Sorry I am an idiot!
    Its a 2i NOT a 2.1...I was getting confused with the Acekard I have for my DS Lite.
    OK...so I have a DSi to fix and a Acekard 2i...so Miros, do I need to do what you mentioned in your previous post still? Just to recap, I do not have the DSi here with me to fix, but I do have her Acekard 2i, and I can use my Lite to do the fix.
    Post Merge: [time]1270298185[/time]
    Sorry forgot to add I have AKAIO 1.5 on it as well.

8. miros

miros Well-Known Member

Honestly, if I were you I would not use the Danny Phantom patch. You can try it, it might work, it might not. What I know is that if you want to update the AK 2i the right way, you should download the AKAIO 1.6 RC-2 and install that on your microSD card. Otherwise, by using the Danny Phantom patch you are taking a change of corrupting your card. Best of luck,
    miros

9. cherry6

cherry6 Member

OK will download the 1.6 then, thanks!

10. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The chance of corrupting your card is minimal. Just keep your AC Adapter plugged in so you don't run the risk of powering down during the update, and you will be fine.
    The fact is your Acekard 2i won't work on the DSi 1.4 firmware without the update.

Update your Acekard with the DSi 1.4 Firmware update, on your DS Lite. Then put 1.6 RC2 on your Card and you will be able to use it on your DSi again.

11. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

AKAIO won't make the Acekard work on DSi 1.4.
    Danny Phantom update has little change of making your card brick, but it challenges the 1.4 firmware.

12. cherry6

cherry6 Member

Thats great, thanks guys! And thanks everyone for explaining it in an easy to understand way :)

13. miros

miros Well-Known Member

Alright, thanks for the info.
    miros

14. himeko123

himeko123 Member

Here's a link to a tutorial for the flash update http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=21995.0 . I used the firmware file ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds on my dslite to update
    the acekard2i. I confirmed it to work just yesterday when I did it.