1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Quick question about Pokemon ROMs

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by lollerific, May 10, 2011.

1. lollerific

lollerific New Member

Is it my understanding that the HeartGold/Soulsilver roms are the only ones with problems? I found a working white version on this forum which worked perfectly (TY btw), and a firered from another site that also worked just fine. I intended to play hg/ss next, but couldn't find any working roms without the freezing problems even with patches. After searching these forums most came with the conclusion that youd either have to save every 10 minutes to play or not play it at all.

I'm asking because I searched these forums and others for hours trying to see if there was one out there, and I plan on finishing the series (emerald/platinum/original gold and silver) but want to make sure I wont have to do hour searches again.

2. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

Emerald, platinum, gold and silver are all completely playable on VBA/No$gba/Desmume, if you get the right rom(s).HG/SS are not playable with any patch/code without some freezes every now and then.So, yeah.You have to save every 10 minutes or so.If you are using desmume, patch it with Retrogamefan patch and you'll get the freezes in minimum.That is you'll get bad sprites before the game freezes, so you can save the game when you get the bad sprites.