1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Quick newbie question: NDS soft boot?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Boreal21, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Boreal21

Boreal21 New Member

Hi guys. Sorry for the newbie question, but is there a way to get back to the root menu of the R4 chip without powering down? I'm looking for something similar to what I use on my modded xbox... where pressing both triggers and the black and white button all at once will shoot me back to the dashboard.

I just received and loaded a couple of R4 chips for my daughters who have NDS, but this is really the first I've messed with them at all and it just seems wrong to have to power down to get back to the root menu :-[

2. Thewolf113

Thewolf113 Member

I'm pretty sure you have to press L, R, Start, and Select all at the same time when you have the green light on at the screen where you choose the ROM you're about to open. hope this helped. :p

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Make sure the reset option is turned on, at the corner of the bottom screen, you press L+R and A+B+X+Y simultaneously, to softreset back to the menu or GUI.

4. Boreal21

Boreal21 New Member

That gets you back to the start menu of the game you are playing. Not exactly what I had in mind, but very helpful anyway as I wasn't aware you could do that :)

That's exactly what I was after. Thank you both for the help ;D