1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Questions!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by karen11975, Nov 20, 2008.

1. karen11975

karen11975 Member

- If we don't see a NDS ROM on Romulation, can we suggest it to the people who actually put up the ROMS?

- Are all the games that Nintendo releases for the DS put up here?

Thank you in advance!

2. ClydeOne

ClydeOne Well-Known Member

For the first question, no,
    Not sure about the second question though, but I can tell you that not all of the ROMS
    can be downloaded due to copyright laws.

-admin edit by Seph for the first question.

3. karen11975

karen11975 Member

Where can I make such suggestion? I guess they will let me know if that game is Copyrighted or not right?

Thank you! :)

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

for the first question, no. If we don't have it, it doesn't exist in rom format. Second question, yes.

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Okay there's just too much ambiguous information here, so here's the real answer.

1) No
    2) No.

As for the second one only the games that are dumped are put up here, lots of games don't get dumped, many Japanese games from years back have yet to be dumped and a game such as 1 Vs. 100 took a very long time, so while it's likely that a game is going to end up on RomUlation eventually it is by no means guaranteed that we will have a game, ever.

6. Girogex

Girogex Guest

Yeah I think you guys dont have any of the sims games ? Am I correct ?

7. Seph

We don't, but that's not because they haven't been dumped, that's because EA apparently value their copyrights. :)

8. karen11975

karen11975 Member

Thank you all for answering my questions. I initially asked because I wanted Sally's Salon and I don't see it here (all the games that I wanted on the DS were always dumped within a couple of days within its release). I guess I am spoiled. I am also curious about the whole dumping process but I will spare u guys from my thirst of knowledge.

Thanks again!

9. Seph

While no where near very detailed we do have a simple outline of the process from the game is released to when get it.

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php/topic,395.0.html

Just skip to the bullet list.

10. GhostFaceLoser

GhostFaceLoser Well-Known Member

i'm glad someone's reading the rules and asking first congats you get a cookie!!

11. karen11975

karen11975 Member

Thank you, I appreciate that!

12. karen11975

karen11975 Member

Again, someone should heed their own advice and read the rules:

- Leave correcting other users to the moderators, if someone is breaking the rules then report it by using the "Report to moderator" button, do not correct them yourself.

Last time I checked, I didn't see Moderator under your forum name.

13. Seph

He was actually saying what you did was good? Why the mud throwing?

14. karen11975

karen11975 Member

I thought it was sarcasm since he said alot of people kept requesting ROMs, not trying I throw mud! I apologize Ghostface, if you were sincere! :)

My online experience has been that if you are new to a forum and ask (what they think is a stupid or repetitive) question then people jump down ur throat. Sorry!

15. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

We don't allow that to happen here, although it does happen in a lot of other forums.

16. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

See, that's why RomUlation's forum is way better than any other places online. Everyone is just so friendly, especially the higher ups, no question is deemed stupid or ignorant here & you get to learn stuff that can be very helpful elsewhere. Plus, with the exception of a few jokers & some slight troublemakers, the community is very welcoming :D

17. apophos755

apophos755 Well-Known Member

RomUlation is the only forum that I'm active in, hell, it's the only one I visit. I'm on this site more than I'm on any other. I love the forums here.