1. This forum is in read-only mode.

questions regarding FC!!

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by md324, Oct 14, 2007.

1. md324

md324 New Member

For instance, my friend sends me a metroid prime hunters sav. and his sav. has been online and have a friend code associated with it. The question is, if i loaded it to my R4, do i get a new friend code? can i keep his stats? ;D

thanks in advance!

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

You get a new friend code, the friend code is generated based on your DS and the game, not the save file.

3. md324

md324 New Member

but can i keep his stats?

4. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I'm not sure that's possible really.

5. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Quick answer is no, you would have to swap the entire DS

6. cfiniris

cfiniris Well-Known Member

No, you can't. The Wi-Fi system pairs the game with the DS, which has individual information that can NOT be duplicated.* When you use a savefile that had connected to Wi-Fi previously on another system (whether it be on a flashcard like R4 or an a real cartridge), the Wi-Fi Connection does not recognize the combination of game & system, and asks you to match the game with the current system. This resets your Friend Code, however, as well as any information that was connected to said Friend Code.

*=I say "duplicated" because the information can indeed be transferred to another DS Lite. However, this deletes the information from the previous system, so there is actually no duplication involved.