1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Questions on the R4

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by MusicJazz, Feb 14, 2011.

1. MusicJazz

MusicJazz Member

Well I've had an R4 for a while, not sure for how long. It's worked fine, but recently I've been wanting to play Pokemon Black/White with the english patch and all. I found a couple tutorials and well, one of them required me to upgrade the R4 card to version 1.34.

...and So i did, and it didn't work. It proceeded with a "Loading" screen, then never ending black screens both top and bottom.

So that got me thinking, "Do I have a fake?" and well I guess i think I do. I just need a confirmation from someone.

Basically, the box looks like this (Ignore the free shipping tag crap thing):

[​IMG]

and the Cart looks like this:

[​IMG]

Fake?

Also the website on the box says www.r4dsl.net

Does that confirm the fakeness?

Anyways, I'm angry either way and I was wondering where i can get a LEGIT, cheap R4 that will work with Pokemon Black/White.

Thanks in advance.

2. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

If you can use any Micro SD cards over 2gb, your R4 is a fake. And from what I see in those pics, your R4 is a clone of a clone.

Well, seeing that shoptemp went down and won't sell flash carts again and the site I bought my R4 from doesn't sell flash carts anymore either, I don't know where you can buy one.

3. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Yay for Shoptemp being back up with an altered service.

Check the following link for sites which sell the Original R4:
    http://shoptemp.net/products/R4-DS-Revolution.html

This one has no SDHC support, so you are limited to a 2GB MicroSD card. It can run Wood R4 though, so you are good to go for gaming.

Check the following link for sites which sell the R4i Gold:
    http://shoptemp.net/products/R4i-Gold-1.4.1.html

This is the only R4i Gold that will work with Wood R4i Gold. Any other R4i Gold cart is a clone of a clone and isn't gonna work with it. It supports SDHC, Wood, all that. You're good to go for releases.

The R4idsn (link below) can also run Wood, but I suggest the top two over it due to just more general support. Nobody seems to really use this one much for one reason or another.
    http://shoptemp.net/products/R4i-R4iDSN-Revolution-1.4.1.html

4. MusicJazz

MusicJazz Member

Are Acekards alright to get as well or are there just more R4 stuff out there?

5. alukado

alukado Well-Known Member

Acekard 2i is better than any R4 brand

6. MusicJazz

MusicJazz Member

So it'll basically run anything current then?

7. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

The original r4 is great in combination with Wood r4 though it has a 2GB limitation. I'm using CycloDS Evolution at the moment and I'm pretty happy with it. My r4 is dying in my closet :)

8. MusicJazz

MusicJazz Member

so what are good websites that are reliable and that arent only paypal takers to purchase an Acekard 2i (paypal only sites aren't accepting my visa gift card :/)

9. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

check www.shoptemp.net for reliable sources to buy acekard 2i

10. alukado

alukado Well-Known Member

Lightake