1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Questions concerning DSi update and AK2i

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by bmaster154, Nov 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bmaster154

bmaster154 New Member

Here's the thing: I keep reading the "Don't update your DSi, your AK2i won't work anymore!" things. But I felt like taking a look at the DSi shop wares. When I'm about to, it says that I need to update for the new wares or whatever. But, with what I've been hearing, I shouldn't? Can I safely go to the DSi shop without blocking my AK2i until a patch is out? Or is one already out? Please help me, as I really wanna know.

Thanks in advance.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Here is my 2 cents.

Most off the stuff on the shop is ethier ripped from other ds games and just altered (like the brain training ones...) or something that ain't worth much.

If you want to know what they are like, try this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_DSiWare_games_and_applications

Look up a name from this list and check out gamespot and see if you might like it.
    8/10 times I looked before getting my acekard, there wasn't much worth bothering with.

Now with your acekard, if your using akio 1.5 it can work on 1.4 dsi firmware.

However-the risk is what IF it's suddenly updated again to 1.5.

It means your blocked out until acekard team or akio team make something to combat this.

That is why it's not advised-lucky for me I still buy games so this ain't a problem for me :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.