1. This forum is in read-only mode.

questions about EZ Flash expansion pack..

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Tomoka, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

i believe this to be a FC question...

now for the question.
    i'm wondering how exactly i can use this. it will be arriving tomorrow. do i boot it from DS menu or from my flashcart?
    does it require firmware?
    do i load the games from my MSD card, or from the expansion itself...
    do i need something to load them? (like GBA exploader)
    anything you can tell me will be great!

and please do not read and not reply!
    Post Merge: [time]1278356973[/time]
    why does no one answer?!?!?!

2. miros

miros Well-Known Member

What flash cart do you plan on running the EZ 3in1 GBA flash expansion cart in conjunction with? If you have an Acekard 2i, all you have to do is put the GBA roms in a folder called GBA on the root of the MSD card and then put everything in your DS. After turning on the DS and have gotten to the Acekard screen, go to the root of the card, select GBA, and then select a GBA rom and press A. The GBA rom will load and you can save and play normally. If you are not using an Acekard 2i, then you will most likely have to use a the GBA ExpLoader Best of luck,
    miros

3. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

okay, good to know, i got an AK2i! ::)

can i use cheats with them? if so, how?

4. miros

miros Well-Known Member

I hope that this does not crush your hopes and dreams, but I do not think that loading cheats is possible on GBA roms with an Acekard 2i. If you wanted to use cheats, your best bet would be to just download a save file that already has the cheats on them.
    miros

5. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

AWWWWWWWWW! gotta do some research....maybe someone else knows....

6. Sachi

Sachi Active Member

For cheats you can use an emulator like VisualBoyAdvance on PC and transfer save to your MicroSD to use with EZflash n AK2i.

7. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

will the save work properly? because i remember doing that with pokemon crystal (GBC) and it wouldn't work.....that's for LAMEBOY though....and also, does ez flash expansion (on AK2i)also support GB/GBC games or just GBA?

8. miros

miros Well-Known Member

You do not need an EZ 3in1 GBA flash expansion cart to emulate GB/GBC games on an Acekard 2i. The EZ 3in1 GBA flash expansion cart will allow you to use the NDS broswer, work as a rumble pack, and serve as a means to load and play GBA roms.
    miros