1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Question's about AKAIO for acekard

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by dragneon007, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

I been reading up about akio for my acekard on this forum and on gbatemp I'm hoping someone here can explain some of my question's

1.Akio firmware what should I know and what should I do before removing the official firmware, like anything important I should know before hand.

2.I heard that the newest firmware allows games such as kingdom hearts to run now or something like that, and that some old save files don't run is this true?

3I heard moonshell and music doesn't work properly on akio or something like that not sure if thats true or not.

4.will the latest akio firmware run with my already updated Dsi? I mean.. will I still be able to get on Dsi shop with Akio?

5.I heard akio has some kind of auto patching or something, So I read, does that mean I don't need to patch games such as Kingdom hearts?

6.how would I go about installing the latest akio firmware and replacing my Old acekard2i firmware? and is it easy? sorry for the noob question.

I have more questions but I can't think of them right now lol it's just to many things on my head at once.

I'm using acekard2i and it's official firmware
    and running it on my Dsi.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Re: Question's about AKIO for acekard

1: AKAIO is a better alternative firmware. Backup all your ROMs and save-files if you need to, and format your MicroSD to remove the original firmware.

2: Yes, it fixes some of those problematic games. The issue with the save-files is that AKAIO 1.5 uses regular .sav extension, rather than .nds.sav. The solution is to change the read/write save format in the AKAIO options or rename the previous save-files to .sav only.

3: Install Moonshell yourself. Music has nothing to do with AKAIO.

4: Yes, but you need to have already updated your internal loader to bypass 1.4 (which I assume you've already done).

5: Yes, it auto-patches anti-piracy functions built into a game. It will fix it providing the protection methods are the same as previous games (which is worked into the firmware).

6: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?title=AKAIO

3. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

After you install AKAIO you should also keep the loaders up to date, for example the loaders for AKAIO have fixed:

Mario & Luigi Browsers Inside Story (U) & (E)
    Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games
    Kingdom Hearts (E) + return to title screen issues on (U)
    Combat of Giants: Dragons

All the above work on clean roms without any patching. The loaders can be downloaded via Wifi or updated manually from this link:

http://akaio.gbatemp.net/nloaders/

4. Submiss

Submiss New Member

Thanks alot man.

Knowing that is going to save me a lot of hassle.

5. Quake90

Quake90 Well-Known Member

Re: Question\'s about AKAIO for acekard

he Anandjones, i've been to the http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?title=AKAIO

me myself don't have an acecard but a m3 Real..

is there such a page like that acecard but then with the m3 Real?
    i've got to gain more information about the AKAIO i'm interested!
    Post Merge: [time]1255500725[/time]
    anandjones?

6. jonhind

jonhind Member

and what directory does the up to date loader do into?

7. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

It says on the page :) Go check the link again, _aio/loaders

8. pinkirishgoatz

pinkirishgoatz New Member

i downloaded a loader but i am curious as to where i put it and what to really do with it. havent used em before but i kinda need to now for a couple of games

9. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

put the loader in the loaders folder, which is located in the _aio folder, the loaders folder will have 3 loaders in there already if you haven't done it before,

just delete them 3 loaders, you only need the new loader

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.