1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Question!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by trimbletown, Jan 27, 2010.

1. trimbletown

trimbletown Well-Known Member

Am I the only hardcore gamer (don't let my rank fool you) who doesn't like RPG's and HATES anime?
    I find RPG's boring and I simply LOATHE anime for some reason.

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

You're probably not the only one

although i love RPG's ^_^

3. trimbletown

Fair enough. (woah! short post)

4. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Gaming is like wine tasting. You don't have to like a certain variety, and you certainly don't have to like a certain brand of cheese to enjoy the wine. So it is with game genres and anime.

5. trimbletown

yes?

6. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

You're like my complete opposite. I love Anime and love RPG Genre games. Though I do admire your bravery of posting your opinion. :)

7. MitsukaiXxX

MitsukaiXxX Well-Known Member

No

You like what you want and hate what you want.

I like most RPG'S but hate a few,But i dont Like Anime.

Just be yourself dont think you have to mould your likes and dislikes by a sterotype(hardcore gamer) you fit.

8. sonic_fan_num_1

sonic_fan_num_1 Well-Known Member

I don't really like that much RPG games. There's only a few select RPG games I've truly enjoyed and I'm not one to watch a lot of anime. In fact, the majority of anime nowadays is pure crap. A bunch of pedophile-like anime shows is the new popular thing now apparently with awful animation. Just look up the "new" winter/spring/fall season releases of it and you'll see what I mean.

So I'm split. I'm like 50/50.

9. 88007287

88007287 Member

I definitely like RPG-games a lot and I try to play most of them.
    Animes not always, only if theres a lot of fighting in it. Except Naruto, don't like that one.

10. super_pastafari32

super_pastafari32 Well-Known Member

::) mmm... hardcore ;D

11. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

What is a hardcore gamer, anyways? What makes someone who plays first person shooters more "gamer" than someone who plays Pokemon or Kingdom Hearts?

12. super_pastafari32

super_pastafari32 Well-Known Member

exactly what moderasian say

13. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

I certainly live Videogames, but I'm also certainly not a hardcore gamer. In fact, the only games I play now are the games I started playing as a young kid. I'm not really good at trying out new series'. In fact the only games I tend to play is the Pokemon, Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest series' (All games which I began playing years ago).

Luckily the use of DS flashcarts has allowed me to become a fan of a games that I never had of played without one, such as Phoenix Wright, Mario Kart DS and Tetris DS etc.

Although I read a lot, play a lot and keep up to date with the latest news in gaming, I'm no genious gamer and will probably lose to you in any videogame you'd choose to play against me online...so it's safe to say I know I'm no hardcore gamer.

I think the only people you can call Hardcore gamers are those guys and girls that play against other gamers in those Videogame olympics sort of events.

14. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

If you refer hardcore Rpg to the likes of Dragon quest than you are not correct in the real 'hardcore' sense.The hardcore feeling that arises from playing Rpg like Dragon quest is false because it arises from bad game design.Most Jrpg trick players into feeling they are hardcore by designing the game around extreme grinding and random battles.Those two are bad game design.If you play RTS or Strategy games than you are hardcore.However,by playing Rpg with false difficulty like MMOs and Jrpg doesn't make you a hardcore in the real competitive sense.As for anime,that depends on the individual.There's a lot of anime fans who never really finish a game.

15. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

true for that... RTS's are kick ass, it's only hard core if it makes you think and act quickly... and get beaten by a korean... damn you LiGhtArCH()N!337

16. MitsukaiXxX

two types of hardcore gamers.

1.A person who spends most of there time and attention playing video games,to the point it becomes a lifestyle.

2.A person who dedicates there attention to mastering games,levels or getting super high scores etc etc

17. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

The first(1) type is the false type.Most gamers however fall into this category.

18. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

OMG WERE THE SAME!

i'm so turned on by your hardcoreness and your rank we should pm each other sometime

19. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Each to their own.

I think (personally) the western gamer might NOT like rpg's so much...except for the hard cores...

Hardcores-those who live in gaming orientated houses where "game night" means 5 different consoles are set up each with a large tv (funny enough the least popular...the gamecube...has the biggest XD) just to keep them occupied.

I've been to such a home...I wanted to move in...if not for...well let's say even I need a break of the games XD

But as moderasian said, all gamers are the same, just different choices.

I don't like rpg's like I used to, and anime I rarly watch, those that I do are classics.

20. MitsukaiXxX

trimbletown you've pulled buddy lol