1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Question regarding Pokemon Ranger: Shadows Of Almia compatibility...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by bh7812, Nov 30, 2010.

1. bh7812

bh7812 New Member

Edit: I have managed to resolve my issue, turning off cheats during the target clear tutorial at the beginning of the game in the Training Center fully resolved the issue. For those who want to play the game using Wood R4 may want to turn off cheats until you've gotten past the Training Center tutorial to prevent a freeze where I experienced it. This thread can be locked or deleted now, to make room for others who really need help :)

Hi,

I'm pretty hesitant to post this topic only because I'm fairly tech savvy and can resolve most issues on my own but this one's stumping me.

First off I'm using an R4-the real deal not one of those clones, and it's running Wood R4 1.18. All my other games are running great with no issues.

I've been trying to play through the Pokemon Ranger games in order. I just finished the first one last night and quite enjoyed it. I CAN boot into Shadows of Almia..I CAN get past the initial opening stuff. Then, when I go into that lab place (Where they're trying to teach you how to do Target captures) it freezes up midway through the tutorial part..are there known compatibilty issues with this game? or could my SD card just need to be re-formatted? I've tried 2 different downloads and it's locking up in the same spot. I actually had a physical copy last year, and traded it in thinking I wouldn't really enjoy the Pokemon Ranger games but I was pleasantly surprised and ended up wrong. Starting to wish I hadn't traded it in.

Again, I'm hesitant to do this, and have used the search box but couldn't really find anything related close to my issue. If someone could provide some insight or how to prevent the freeze I'd appreciate it.