1. This forum is in read-only mode.

question about using pec

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Nahpishtim, Jul 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nahpishtim

Nahpishtim Member

Hello everyone wasn't quite sure where to post this thread so I picked I figured this would be the closest >_o. I have been using epsxe for a while now and recently decided to try pec out and have been slowly reconstructioning the codelist how I want it ^^ but I've run into a bit of confusion with the joker commands >.>...

I know what a joker command is and how to use it but pec's faq for the codelist lists that it supports joker and reverse joker commands and gives this as the section for it in the faq;

"--------------------
    2.2 Joker Codes\Commands
    --------------------
    What is a Joker Code you say? Joker Commands (or Codes if you prefer) simply provide the address of where the game saves the joypad-state(s) in the psx memory. This can be used to "map" codes to special hotkeys on the "psx-controller". Ex. 12345678 1234 = X bttn. Say you press L1 and R1 on the "psx-pad" and you have super-speed in GT for example, if you didn't use a Joker Command to do that you would always drive with super-speed and though this would make the game Very Interesting it would most likely be unplayable. If you want more info I highly suggest you read Code Master's "Joker FAQ" at www.cmgsccc.com. Note that [pec] only has commands for Normal (§N) and Reverse (§R) Joker Commands. Here's how they look:

§N Joker Command §R Joker Command
    12345678 xxxx 87654321 xxxx

The section sign (§) is a special character (on a US kb press alt+789 on the numeric keypad, German press shift+3)."

I was thinking it was so you could input a joker command once in the games listing like a modifier digit list and be able to apply it to a code if you wanted when selecting. I tried to set it up using the above snippet of faq and didn't seem to do anything >.> boyfriend can't figure it out either so I'm hoping someone here knows how that works ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.