1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Question about the wii console

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by joe_yoshi, Oct 18, 2007.

1. joe_yoshi

joe_yoshi Well-Known Member

Hey all!

If you have any questions about the wii console (not emulator help)
    ask me!!!

2. what are the best game on wii?i getting 1 soon(maby) :p

3. sir spamalot

sir spamalot Well-Known Member

why does it cost £50 more than the gamecube's launch price of £129.99 for what is really just an overclocked gamecube? (ok, i'm really asking for a price drop)

4. aquaknight50

aquaknight50 Member

How do you burn wii games on a dvd disc? What site can i get these ISOs from? Will all wii games in the futue be able to play on a modded Wii? Will it be possible for all modded games in the future be able to play on a modded Wii or limited to certain games?

5. cfiniris

cfiniris Well-Known Member

What's the exact processing speed of the system? How many bits of information can the system hold, including any space already filled before it is even purchased? What is the exact name of the processor in the system? Why did you open a thread like this when it should have been obvious that you were going to get bombarded? What are all of the SD cards that are incompatible with the system, including Mini & Micro ones? What is the ideal setup to access WiiConnect24? What kind of wireless is the best for accessing the system's online features?

6. Drake801

Drake801 Active Member

If God had a console, would it be a Wii?

7. joe_yoshi

The best game that i own rite now is... hmmm... Legend of zelda TP, it has a pretty good story line

its overpriced because of the virtual console, the channels,and all of the programming they put into the wiimote

, the way to burn wii games is first get a modchip, (try this site: www.consolesource.com) and solder it into the PCB board of your wii, the site to get the iso's from is www.mininova.org, you have to have a bit torrent client to download them (i suggest utorrent). Yes ALL burnt wii games are able to play on the modded wii.

jeeze buddy chill out,

The exact proccesing speed is PowerPC-based "Broadway" processor, made with a 90 nm SOI CMOS process, reportedly clocked at 729 MHz.
    Well when you get it it has 512 mb of memory as well as another flash drive of 88 MB of main memory, 24 MB "internal" 1T-SRAM integrated into graphics package, 64 MiB "external" GDDR3 SDRAM, and 3 MB embedded GPU texture memory and framebuffer.
    I opened this thread to help people with thier curious questions about the system.
    Im not to sure what you mean by mini and micro SD cards because everybody knows that they cant fit into the wii's SD slot, but so far of all of the ones that have been tested with the wii, all are compatible.
    WiiConnect24 obviously go into the wii settings page and go to the "wiiconnect24" thing and accept.
    I'm not quite to sure what you mean by "What kind of wireless is the best for accessing the system's online features?" but you must have wireless modem, a nintendo USB thing, or a hotspot near your wii so it can pick up a signal.

Whew
    There wii go :p

Of course

8. Reider

Reider Modereider

I merged all of your subsequent posts, please refrain from doing that in the future.

I've got a question that I'd like answered though if you don't mind.

How much do you actually move around playing the wii? Are you one of those people that play it by making smaller movements that won't get you tired fast, or are you one of those people who like to full-out swing the wiimote around?

9. kaiden

kaiden Well-Known Member

Is Team Xecuter's Wii mod out yet?

10. Warren_303

Warren_303 Well-Known Member

Any of you guys have suggestions for Wii mods.

Walkthroughs, guides, Mod chip recommendations?

I have been checking http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/catalog/index.html

However I'm just not sure which Mod chip would be the best deal and or overall performance.

Also one other thing I know breaking open any console there is a risk.
    I just want to know how easy it is to do it yourself with minimal sodering experience?

11. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Not very easy if you only have minimal soldering experience, the contact points are really quite tiny, best thing would be to get someone experienced to do it.

12. Warren_303

Warren_303 Well-Known Member

Yeah I have been trying but the guys my friends know are too busy to meet up.

I'm just getting anxious and impatient since I saw the mod for myself at a friends house.

13. ndsrulz1

ndsrulz1 Active Member

i modded mine by myself with no prior use of a soldering iron just make sure u get a small size wire

14. joe_yoshi

sorry i havent been on in the longestt time...

anyway

for asmadis's question: I REALLY get into it so i move around ALOT...i find it alot more fun.
    Kaiden: you can check www.consolesource.com for that... i got a bunch of my modchips and stuff there.
    Warren_303: for a modchip recomendation... i'm running on the DUOWII modchip... it works great! and breaking open the wii... its really easy. i'm 13 and i cracked it open within idunno 10 minutes with no adult supervision...LOL

15. joe_yoshi

So i guess there are no more questions?...

16. mrabbo

mrabbo Active Member

Using the Wiimote is a workout and a bit.
    Playing the Wii next to my nephew is dangerous lol. I get a sore arm from being smacked by the controller, thats part of the fun.

17. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

wiimote sucks, big time...will nintendo consider making a non-wiimote edition?

18. joe_yoshi

Well I know they are making more game to be able to be used with the Gamecube controller and the classic controller... for instance Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart Wii

19. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Use PROPER ENGLISH. You have been warned WAY too many times. GET OUT OF THE HABIT.

20. joe_yoshi

Ok i will try