1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Question about the gamecube?

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Sneggz, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Sneggz

Sneggz Well-Known Member

ok so for example i have the pokemon colluseum for gamecube and already got shadow pokemon, is there anyway that i could transfer them into my ds? i dont have the cord. (I personally bought + own the game) so...?

edit: and is it that you have to have the cord cause when i went there i bought a cord but it was the wrong one. the staff said it was the right one too.

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

There is no cord for DS to Gamecube. The only cord that exists is GBA to Gamecube. So basically, you have to transfer the Pokemon from the Gamecube games to a GBA game. You then have to use the transfer up function on the DS games to pull the Pokemon up from the GBA game to the DS game.

Chances are, the staff gave you the cord for GBA to Gamecube.

3. treec_cynda

treec_cynda Guest

There is no NDS-GCN cable. If you want to transfer Pokemon from Colosseum to whatever your DS game is, follow these instructions for transferring them to your GBA game:

Real-object requirements:
    1 copy of Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreen, or Emerald
    1 Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP, or Game Boy Micro
    1 GBA-GCN cable
    1 Gamecube
    1 copy of either Pokemon Colosseum or Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness

GBA game requirements:
    Must have saved in a Pokemon Center

Gamecube game requirements:
    Must have beaten Evice at Realgam Tower (Colo), or have beaten Snattle at Phenac Colosseum (XD)

1. Obtain a GBA-GCN cable. You can get these off of Ebay or other online store.
    2. Plug the GBA link cable plug into the link cable jack. If you have a GBA SP, it must not have a low
    battery because you will not be able to access the charger jack.
    3. Plug the Gamecube plug into the Player 2 port.
    4. Start up Story Mode on the Gamecube game.
    5. On the Gamecube game, go to the downstairs level of the Phenac Pokemon Center.
    6. Talk to the lady there and she will bring you to the trade menu.
    7. Turn on the GBA with the Pokemon game in it.
    8. The GBA game should automatically link to the Gamecube game.
    9. Trade all you want.

Now follow these instructions for migrating:

Real-object requirements:
    1 Nintendo DS
    The same GBA game with which you traded Pokemon from Colo/XD

GBA game requirements:
    The Pokemon you wish to transfer MUST be in the PC and not know any HM moves

DS game requirements:
    Must have unlocked National Pokedex and Pal Park

In Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, Pal Park is at the end of the route south of Sandgem Town. In HeartGold and SoulSilver, it is in Fuchsia City where the Safari Zone used to be. This will not work with a DSi.

1. Insert the GBA game into the GBA slot in the DS.
    2. Insert the DS game into the DS Card slot.
    3. Start up the DS game.
    4. On the main menu (the one after the title screen) select "MIGRATE FROM (insert game name here)".
    5. Select the Pokemon you want to transfer. If you want to only transfer 5 or fewer Pokemon, get yourself a very weak, common one on the GBA game, because you MUST transfer 6.
    6. Start up your save file on the DS game.
    7. Go to Pal Park.
    8. Have fun finishing the transfer!

I hope this helped.