1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Question about PSX2PSP

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by maggiemaymay, Feb 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maggiemaymay

maggiemaymay Well-Known Member

Does PSX2PSP only work with files from pspisoz.com? I tried using PSX2PSP with other files and gives me error. It can't find the game title so I put in my own, and doesn't automatically put in the Game ID or Save ID so I put in my own.

2. razgrizglenn

razgrizglenn Well-Known Member

AFAIK, no. I've heard of people dumping their own games and converting them with PSX2PSP with no problems whatsoever. If it's not working for you, I recommend IceTea (I believe the current ver is 1.3), I've been using it to convert my own dumps in the past and it never gave me any problems. You can find it over @ DCEmu.

3. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Use something else, you need the Game ID I think.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

PSP Isos do not need to be converted to Eboots, you just need Custom Firmware to play them. You only need to create Eboots to run PSX games on your PSP. PSX2PSP will work with just about every PSX iso, regardless of where you get them. I've created Eboots from Romulation downloads, and from ISOs I created myself from my own discs.

PSX2PSP will automatically fill out the Game ID when you load the ISO. The only time you need to change it is for compatibility issues with some games. Some may not work unless they have a certain ID. (I've never had to though).

This is a good reference site for playing PSX games on your PSP.
    http://www.gamerspress.com/index.php?title=PSX_on_PSP_Compatibility_List

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.