1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Question about my dog =[

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hanghanghang, May 4, 2008.

1. hanghanghang

hanghanghang Well-Known Member

Its a maltese and they are small and i also have a chiwawa. They are small dogs and like prety often they are gaging kind of or Hacking not throwing up like breathing hard. You can hear it. I think it happens to all little dogs? I dont know how to really explain what they are doing but they are breathing really hard making a gaging noise (but their not throwing up) do any of you know whats happening? =/

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Nope, never happened to the chihuahua we used to have. Go see a vet.

3. Void

Void Well-Known Member

So, I'm a fucking retarded when it comes to animals, but Kat on IRC is pretty knowledgeable. She seems to think it's possible that they have "kennel cough" which can be quite serious. It's also very contagious, and she wants to know if you have your dogs vaccinated for kennel cough.

Personal judgment at this point: Go2vetplx.

4. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Happened to my Dachsund before, he just threw up... ;D

5. hanghanghang

hanghanghang Well-Known Member

Thanks but they are doing it not just once but a couple times a week

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Take them to the vet just to be safe, you don't want them ending up dying from a disease right?

7. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

Which reminds me of a digg article

http://digg.com/pets_animals/Teacup_dogs_inbred_to_be_tiny_only_live_a_few_years

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I don't know much about dogs, but I'd say definitely take them to the vet, and soon.

9. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Do they smoke? lol

but no id say its kennel cough, our dogs had it once before, just take them to the vet and get them some antibiotics and theyll be sweet as.

Heres a little more info for you:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennel_cough