1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Question about HDDs

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by rell, Dec 8, 2010.

1. rell

rell Well-Known Member

ok i dont think i made it clear what i actually wanted.

Is it possible to use a half of the space on my HDD for my wii games and the other half of for saving stuff like videos ect.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you can partition it

3. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

yes, you need to partition your hdd and then format one of them in wbfs using WBFS Manager (which is the format the wii uses) and the other one to whichever you want

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Just to warn you, you most likely won't be able to access the WBFS partition from your computer. Only from your Wii.

5. rell

rell Well-Known Member

so you mean i cant go through my pc and add games? yea i followed that link to google... i isnt hard i just kinda missed the feeling to click new replies and get excited because of a new reply to my post..

6. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

yes you can, but you need that program WBFS Manager

7. rell

rell Well-Known Member

ok. ill get to reading the guide then.. so what new around here? maybe i should make a new thread.

8. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

I Do exactly what you're asking. I Use ~450gb as storage for movies/music/etc... and another 400+gb for my Wii games, then i have a 20gb Fat32 partition in case i need it.
    Only problem is that you have to use the partitioned drive as Storage considering you cannot access the info on the PC while it is plugged into the Wii. (Unless you have a wireless drive, i thought about getting the wireless base to go to mine, but i decided i didn't really need it.)
    Just make sure you find a very good guide on how to make the WBFS partition (the one that holds Wii games) and how to utilize it correctly.
    Good Luck.

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

The best way to do that is to make two partitions on the PC and then use Uloader to make one of those partitions a WBFS partition.

10. rell

rell Well-Known Member

ok, lets assume i already have 129gbs of data on the HDD do i have to move it first? id hate for all my por.. *ahem* movies to get deleted.

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

depends what program you use. Some third party programs can resize partitions without data loss.

12. rell

rell Well-Known Member

in that case i think ill just take the time to back it up. thanks for your help everyone.