1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Question about downloading?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FancyLilu, Jun 27, 2008.

1. FancyLilu

FancyLilu New Member

Hi! I'm kind of new here, so I was hoping someone would help me out! I downloaded the "Megaman Legends" File from the PSX ROMS list, but when I UnZipped the file there was a .7z file, instead of a .iso or .bio or .psx or .exe file that I could use on my emulator (Adripsx). (By the way, I do know about Epsxe, I just use this one instead :)) Would someone be able to explain how I could use this file, please? Thanks a lot!!

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you need a program called 7zip to extract the .7z file, however the latest version of winrar can also extract them.

3. FancyLilu

FancyLilu New Member

I did just that, thanks a lot! :D Um, another question, what do I do with .mdf and .mds files? :) Oh, and with .ccd and .cue and .img and .sub? Some PSX files I downloaded had these file extensions, and they're not .bin or .iso, like I need them to be... :-[

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

those files are produced by a program called 'alcohol 120%'. You will need to burn them or mount them on a virtual CD drive. Alcohol 120% can do both, the free version Alcohol 53% only supports mounting as far as I know, and I believe daemon tools can also mount those images.

5. FancyLilu

FancyLilu New Member

Oh, I see! :) Thank you very much for your help! :D

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Alcohol 52% :) Yeah, it only has mounting of images on virtual drives, hence the free version.