1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Question about Apple Mac

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Solus, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Was planning to get one. But just wondering about something. Can it play games like say command & conquer? Or are those game available to windows only?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

mac in general has poor support for games, most windows games are not available for mac.

3. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Darn. So most games cant be played on an apple mac. Most probably need one for what im studying. But can't use it for gaming....damn.

4. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

Well you could always run Bootcamp but you would need a copy of windows for that.

5. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

What kinda program is bootcamp?

6. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

^ runs windows on a mac.

7. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I really can't see the point of that, you get a mac to run windows? There's really no advantage to mac hardware so unless you prefer MacOS then it's a waste really.

8. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Yes....well I wanna play some games on my mac. So I guess I have to download it.

9. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Yeah but each to his/her own.
    The only advantage is running games, most people use the mac OS and just boot windows for gaming.

10. jacoblam365

jacoblam365 Well-Known Member

Yes, bootcamp matured quite a bit, i noticed the improvement during all the beta period. The speed is quite amazing, since is not an emulator.

by the way. bootcamp is not available for download anymore. They took it off the site. The final version of bootcamp only come with macos x leopard. If you're getting a new mac, leopard should come with it, so you don't need to worry. (Oh yeah, i strongly don't recommend you to download the older beta version because they have quite a few bug i noticed. Each new release of beta fix a lot of things compared to previous. So you might as well get the final version)

PS. Even though there is still much less game for MAC, but i noticed the gaming industry starting to create game for both PC and MAC just because of the boom of mac users. So if you're getting a mac, you can double check if the game you like is available for mac first. If so, just get the mac version. Mac on a mac is still more stable than bootcamp. i think Command & Conquer is available for mac. don't take my word for it. go double check.

11. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Thx for the advice

12. DemonHeadx

DemonHeadx Well-Known Member

What! No one knows about http://www.parallels.com/????

Its a must need in the mac world!

Parrallels can run lots of windows games with good speeds because it renders the directx pretty good.

13. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

parallels is a form of emulation though, so it is not as efficient as natively running windows.