1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Question About A Buy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tarotmaniac, Oct 31, 2011.

1. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

So I'm looking into buying an external hard drive because my laptop is slowly running out of space cause of movies and TV shows. I have a cousin who has a 320 GB HD and she's willing to sell it to me for 1,500 Pesos (roughly 35 dollars) from its original cost of 3,500 pesos (roughly 85 dollars). Should I go for it? I don't remember the brand but I know it's a good one cause she is a IT graduate. Is this the best offer I can find? By that I mean is there anything cheaper than that on the market (which I doubt but I want to make sure). Thanks to anyone who can help me :)

2. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

Yeah its a pretty good deal, I would take it if I were you

3. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

I would ask your cousin plenty of questions before buying that external hard drive:

* What is the brand? You need to know this for yourself. Don't take anything to heart, just because your cousin is an IT graduate.
    * How often was it used?
    * Was it left powered on all the time, especially when it was not being used at all?
    * How long did she have the hard drive for?
    * How often did she maintain the hard drive?

You're going to be entrusting your data to the next external hard drive you get your hands on, so you better make sure your cousin's hard drive is in good shape, and has reliable quality.