1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Puzzling epsxe save issue...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by JoMama9998, Dec 30, 2010.

1. JoMama9998

JoMama9998 New Member

I never seem to have a saving problem while playing any game (i use both savestates and in game saves). But for some reason, it seems that if i just leave a game for a few months and go back to play it again, the save data is gone. This happened to my game of Xenogears (i had a savestate so im not too far back), Legend of Dragoon (no savestates :'(), silent hill (I finished it so meh), and bust a move 2 which means nothing to me. Between those 4 games, my mem card was wiped out at least twice. I want to know if there is anything that can cause a memcard to disappear or corrupt (I dont interrupt while saving or exit with my epsxe still running), or if the memcard with my old data is hiding in the recesses of my computer. The thing that baffles me is that i never change the memcard that im using, and i hardly ever change any settings on my epsxe at all.
    Any advice will be appreciated, as its difficult to start a game half expecting the data to be deleted later. Feel free to ask lotsa yes/no questions about how data can be corrupted or lost and ill answer em all :D

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

For now, just keep an up to date backup of your memory card files (each day, copy the memory card files into a separate folder somewhere on your computer. If it happens again, restore the latest backup of your memory card files into your memcard folder and see if the save files return. If they do, then something is corrupting the memory card files in the memcard folder...

3. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Try to manually reconfigure your memcard directory on ePSXe, maybe the files was moved from its original directory.
    and check whether that memcard still has save files in it through BIOS.