1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSX won\\\'t run MTV Music Generator

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Dissident_Priest, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Dissident_Priest

Dissident_Priest New Member

Hello,
    I want to start by thanking this website for the awesome access. I have really missed some of these titles over the years, and it is refreshing to see a community that remembers the joys of playing some of the older games out there. Having said that......
    I downloaded the MTV Music Generator last night. It was in a .rar form which I unarchived using Stuffit Expander 12 (I'm running an eMac 1.0 PPC). Upon un-archiving, I was left with 3 files:
    [nobbc]MTV Music Generator [SLUS-01006].ccd
    MTV Music Generator [SLUS-01006].img
    MTV Music Generator [SLUS-01006].sub[/nobbc]

What do I do to burn them onto a CD and have them work through PSX? The .img (a file type that works with Mac OS 9, and should work with OS X) does not open, mount, or convert; and, the other 2 (.ccd, and .sub) are new to me. I am really stuck here; and, I plead for assistance.

I read the discussion thread above this and while it did mention the .ccd and .img, it did not explain how to further implement them to get PSX to work. I tried using Disk Utility (Mac OS X 10.8.11) to convert the .img to a .dmg (self loading image) but to no avail.

I even tried encoding all 3 images into .bin but that did not help either. HELP PLEASE!!

I have managed to get my existing Playstation games (original Cds) to work just fine with the PSX, so I know the emulator itself is functioning properly.
    Post Merge: [time]1264622048[/time]
    For some reason the "modify" button will not allow me to change my OS info in my previous post. I had inadvertently typed Mac OS X 10.8.11, when I am using 10.4.11. Sorry! I tried to fix it, but it will not save the change.
    Post Merge: [time]1264622187[/time]
    Alright that is just bizarre! When I type in this forum, the number four appears as a 4. But when I actually post it, it changes to an 8. WEIRD!

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I am not sure what programs there are for the MAC that can burn Disc Images correctly.

Try running IMGBurn on a PC emulator for the MAC.

3. ChimpChompa

ChimpChompa New Member

Use the .ccd file to start the burn, it should automatically burn the rest of the content onto the disc. You can't just burn the
    MTV Music Generator [SLUS-01006].ccd
    MTV Music Generator [SLUS-01006].img
    MTV Music Generator [SLUS-01006].sub
    files onto a disc and expect it to work. When you load up your burner load up the .ccd file and it should burn these files onto the disc, (3MIN.DA)(BOOT)(CODELOGO.STR)(GFX)(GAME)(JAME.TX)(JAM.VRM)(JESTERN.STR)(MOVPAL)(NEWMOV)(NTSC)(OVERLAYS)(SLUS_010.06)(SYSTEM)(WADS)(WIN.TX)(WIN.VRM) And then you should be able to play it on a PSX.