1. This forum is in read-only mode.

pSX Save States not working...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by redjacketalchemist, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Now before I begin, let me say this- do not tell me to switch over to ePSXe. I would love to, but the main reason I use emulators is to make video walkthroughs, and ePSXe crashes the minute I start recording, whereas pSX doesn't, which is why I use it in the first place.

I've been trying to save games on pSX(its actually pSXFin, if I'm not mistaken), but since I can't save normally(as in, using a save point given in a game...at least I don't think you can. If anyone knows of a way to do this, then let me know), I have to use save states. Problem is, every time I try to load on, I get a message saying-

Unhandeled Exception. Save as a dump?

And I say no, then the emulator closes.

I would appreciate any help with this, because I think we all know or have an idea of how annoying it is when you get so far into a game, save it, and then it doesn't work >.>

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You can save normally, the way you do if you are playing on a real Playstation.

The PSX emulators, pSX, ePSXe, etc. all use "virtual" memory cards. They create a small file which acts as a memory card. You can make numerous "files" which would just be like having numerous memory cards, since each "card" is still limited to the number of slots like a real card is. In the configuration you can tell it which memory "card" you want the emulator to use. This will be the card that you save and load to in game.

3. Ah, okay I got it now. Thanks :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.