1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSX rom question

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by hardkore2k1, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hardkore2k1

hardkore2k1 New Member

???...hey i DL'ed a psx rom and extracted only these files.....it was MGS-VR missions.cue and one bin file....my psp is fully modded to play isos an others.....after i download what do i do next???

2. hardkore2k1

hardkore2k1 New Member

o.....do i need that epsx? so get it to play on my psp

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You need a program to convert the files to an "eboot" file for psp play.

It's called "psx2psp".

Google it.

Try reading it a bit better, he requested psp play, NOT ps2/emulation play.

4. weterr123

weterr123 Active Member

NO NO NO NO NO. Listen to me. You need a small application called popstation, which converts iso, ecm, bin, cue and img files. when you download a psx game, it will usually have a bin and cue file. use popstaion to open the CUE, this is essential as it contains all the info about the BGM and SFX. YOU MUST have popsloader enabled on you psp and have CFW of at least 3.03. Trust me, I've never failed, I've even got Rayman working and if you look around the net, EVERYONE is whinging about it getting stuck at Ubisoft. I call myself The Persistent Hacker for a reason; all my methods have been tested over and over through trial and improvement. message me back if you get stuck. Thanks

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You don't have to use popsloader to run PSX games on your PSP, it is just a nice plugin to have to increase compatibility. It allows you to use POPS versions from previous Firmwares rather than just the POPS from your current firmware.

PSX2PSP is a very nice Popstation GUI. I believe it is the best one. Version 1.4.2 has never failed me.

6. weterr123

weterr123 Active Member

Popsloader is essential if you wish to play a wide variety of PSX games. some work on 3.72, others work on original from flash etc etc. so if you don't have popsloader, you are limiting yourself to only a select few that will work with a certain firmware. And Popstation PsGUI221beta is the best, it lists every game in all regions and formats.

7. hardkore2k1

hardkore2k1 New Member

thanx....looking into it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.