1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSX on PSP

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by n_junj_u, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n_junj_u

n_junj_u Member

I've downloaded Person Revelations, Grandia, and Monster Rancher iso and then converted them to eboot.php but it keeps hanging after a certain point in the game. if i try to reset it it will just hang at same point. Anyone know what the problem is? is it the iso or the psp? anyone know a better way of playing psx games on psp? Any help or response is appreciated.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...What version of the games are they, pal or ntsc?

Some games have problems at certain points, there is a compatibility list for that, but I...kinda forgot the adress, I just saved the page XD

Try changing the "pops" loader at the recovery menu, scroll thru all that you have until you find one that works best.

Head to the recovery menu (by holding r BEFORE you turn on the psp, and waiting until it's there) and make sure the pops loader prx is enabled, when loading a psx game for the first time or by holding R, change the loader your using...

Here is some excerps from my list...

Monster Rancher SLUS-00568 NTSC-U Since you can't change CDs in the emulator to get more monsters you're going to be limited to just a few. However there's CWcheat codes that will help you get what you want. Go to the Monster Rancher page for more info. Works great on 3.71

Grandia SCUS-94457 NTSC-U 4.01: Works great

4.01 & 5.0 M33-3 The game itself works on both but locks up on a black screen at the beginning if you let it go past the "Skywalker Sound" screen (multi-disc eboot) BUT works perfect on 3.71.
    5.00: Plays flawlessly til the end of disx one, where it freezes on the animation at the end of twin towers. - (got past it with 3.71 pops) Verdeni

Unfortuatly, your persona isn't on my list, but if it goes under a different name, just take your pick out of the persona games...

Persona SLUS-00339 NTSC-U Freezes on the first loading screen with 4.01 and 5.01m33-3.
    Works fine on 5.01m33-6.
    3.71 seems to be working fine.

Persona 2:Eternal Punishment SLUS-01158 NTSC-U Use 4.01 with GameID SLPS-02100 and you shouldn't have many problems. Rarely the game may freeze, so be sure to save often.

5.00m33-3 with GameID SLPS-02100 Creat ISO with UltraISO and eboot.pbp with RS-GUI Popstation MD 3.00. Then run game with Popsloader 5.00 and with 3.71pop and everything will be OK.

Persona 2:Innocent Sin SLPS-02100 NTSC-J An English patch is availible for this game. Get it Here

Tested on 4.01 m33-2 maybe slowdown a bit for some time, but still work. no bug, no freeze so far.

Completed (with translation patch) on 5.00 m33-6 using popsloader 4.01 with no problems/slowdown/glitches/freezes at all at any point. NOTE: to play this game past the first battle the eboot must be made with simple Popstation GUI 3.00 - DebugJunky

If your game is playing up at a different point, try NOT compressing the eboot during the transfer procress, sure it will take up more space on your memory card, but it might work better (rage racer needs to be uncompressed in the eboot transfer, otherwise...no music, which I like :( )

Lucky for me I use cheap micro SD cards instead of those expensive sony ones on a sd card reader...16gb on the same price of a 8gb sony XD

If no luck, then google for a more up to date list...try "pops loader compatibility list"...

Hope all that helps...

3. n_junj_u

n_junj_u Member

ok thx i'm gonna try your suggestions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.