1. This forum is in read-only mode.

psx iso

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ready4failure, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ready4failure

ready4failure Member

i got bored and downloaded rock'em sock'em robots arena cause i used to love that game when i was younger... like 5-6ish yrs. ago... however, i tried to load it in epsxe and it wouldn't load. i've run other games on it, so i figure its a config issue with the game. anyone got a few suggestions??

2. super_pastafari32

super_pastafari32 Well-Known Member

try using another plugging there are a lot of these

3. ready4failure

ready4failure Member

you know, its wierd. i've tried a bucnh, i downloaded the pack, but when the intro vid is over, it plays music but never makes it to the menu

4. super_pastafari32

maybe a corrupted iso try dowload it from anoter site

or use another emulator(but i think it is use less because epsxe is actualy the best ... but try another it will not hurt)

5. ready4failure

ready4failure Member

i think i'll try that... eventually... thanx for helping...

I've got a realted question, though, is it possible to split iso's back to the original cdrom files? I know you can go Cdrom->iso, but can you reverse it?

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Yes, it's called burning :). You need a CD-R and a CD drive capable of burning discs. Then you just use a program like IMGBurn and select the "Create disc from ISO" option.

7. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

have a read of this https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

8. super_pastafari32

assume you're saying that if you can burn isos on disks?

if is that well use daemon tools for that or alcohl 120% (I think you can also try nero but... i dont remember)

9. ready4failure

ready4failure Member

so 1. This could split a .bin iso, and 2. can i get it to work on a ps2? My compy has been being sucky lately...

10. TirithRR

PS2 has to be modded, or use a swap disc, to play backups.

11. super_pastafari32

yes, you can, but be sure that your ps2 can read pirated discs

12. ready4failure

ready4failure Member

mmmmmm..... this is getting just too inconvinient for my lazy self. and i'm sick too! so, I think i'll finish this up with my final question, assuming it is answered fully enough for a simp;le mind like me to understand >.<
    best way to run isos on a psp?

13. super_pastafari32

that one is for you TirithRR

14. TirithRR

You need custom firmware. So you need to know what level firmware your PSP has and what model it is (1000, 2000, 3000).

But once you get Custom firmware (if you can) it's very easy to play PSX games.

15. ready4failure

ready4failure Member

oooookay.. assuming i have a 3000, how do you get a good custom firmware and get them to work. Point me to a guide if need be please XD

and also, which model would be best for this?

16. TirithRR

PSP 1000s and some of the earlier 2000s are the best ones.
    The PSP 3000 cannot be hacked if it's above 5.03 official firmware. (5.50 has an exploit but it's not as good, and requires you to buy a game).

On the PSP, the serial number will have a PSP300X or PSP100X, 200X, etc. and that will tell you the model.
    Turn your PSP on, go to the far left menu, go to System Settings and you can see the System Software, and that will be your firmware.

17. ready4failure

ready4failure Member

okay, so say i go out and get one in the thousands ( i'm gonna buy one really soon) what prog do i need?

unrelated yes or no question, will gpsp run on 1000s?

18. TirithRR

Yes, the gameboy emulator works just fine on the PSP.

19. ready4failure

ready4failure Member

HOORAY XD gotta love how earlier versions are so much more convenient. now, without trying to be naggy (and failing), my question wasn't really answered. (although i guess i was never really specific enough) HOW do i play said Isos on the psp?

20. TirithRR

Once you have the Custom Firmware, you just put the PSP Isos on your memory card. And you use programs like PSX2PSP to convert PSX games into EBOOT files and put those on your memory card. Then you just run them from the game menu.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.