1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSX Iso help.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Ressurected_soul, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. How would I put the Isos on my PS3 and how would I get them to work?

I would really like to play BOF3&4, Threads of Fate, and Brave Fencer Musashi along with FF7, 8, &9

Please help.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

It might be possible if you install the Linux OS for the PS3 and use a PSX Emulator. But you cannot do it from the normal PS3 system. The PS3 cannot be hacked so it can't play backups.

I don't know how well the PSX emulators run on the Linux OS for the PS3 though. Apparently Sony locks out the Graphics processor when it's running Linux to make it less able to run things like this (or so I've read).

3. super_pastafari32

super_pastafari32 Well-Known Member

hey TirithRR i have a question?
    may not be supposed that the ps3 can read the games of his predecessor?
    could not simply burn the games on a CD and play them on his ps3?

4. TirithRR

The PS3 can play PS1 games yes. But it cannot play backups. In order to play backups, a system has to be modded (or use a swap disc like in the PS1 and PS2, but that is not available for the PS3).

So if you had a real copy of the PS1 game, you could play it on your PS3. But you cannot burn a copy from Romulation and play it on your PS3.

5. is there anyway to copy the game from the actual game disk or no?

and thanks.

6. TirithRR

What do you mean? If you have a real PS1 game and you want to make an ISO from it? Yes you can do that with programs like IMGBurn www.imgburn.com

But that won't let you play downloaded PS1 games on your PS3. And if you had the actual game disk you could just play it directly on your PS3.

7. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

the latest version of swapdisc is now available for the ps3 that allows it to play ps2 or ps1 games on the ps3. you can find it easier online or harder around the market.

8. TirithRR

Oh really? Seems like it'd be easy for Sony to make the console not work with the swap trick. I would have figured they would have fixed that from the start.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.