1. This forum is in read-only mode.

psx IOS question

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by MonkeyMarsden, Mar 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MonkeyMarsden

MonkeyMarsden New Member

Can i make my downloaded psx iso games run on my ps3. if so how? if this has already been discussed somewhere else i apologise in advance as i new to this site and am quite clueless to what i am doing but any help on my OP would be much greatful.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no, it is not possible to chip a PS3 at this stage.

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

As I recall PS3s aren't backward compatible with PSOne games, PS2 games yes, but PSOne I'm not sure.

4. Loonylion

Not all are compatible with PS2 games; the newer ones aren't. I have played tombraider 2 (PSX) on my PS3 with no problems; I believe all PS3s can play original PSX games.

5. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

now that its available to download the psx iso, how can i know if it can be played on a ps3 when you said PS3 can play "original PSX games"? When i download the iso here in romulation, is it the original, or the originals the one you buy for a huge amount in the stores?

6. Loonylion

the originals are the ones you buy. Games you download here are copies of originals, but you have to burn them on a CD-R, and that is what stops an unmodded console playing them.

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

You can also find bootleg/Pirated PSOne game discs that were not burned onto CD-Rs, but were mass produced on a disc making machine & though they are not burned they are also not an original copy thus they won't run on actual hardware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.