1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSX Games on my PSP

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by tarotmaniac, Apr 10, 2010.

1. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

I have this fav game on my PSX its Chrono Cross and I've been dying to play it as my CD isnt working anymore so Can I play PSX games on my PSP? If so how? steps and procedures would be nice thank you:D

I got it working ang I was wondering if you guess could recommend some games. I have the spyro games, final fantasy games and chrono cross :D

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

First, you need custom firmware. How you do this depends on what PSP you have. 1000, 2000, 3000, Go. And what official firmware you currently have.

Then you need to use a program like PSX2PSP 1.4.2 (I use this one, works well enough).
    Using this program, you convert your CD Images to "Eboot" files. Eboots are kind of like executables for the the PSP, allowing you to run things from the game menu.

To increase your compatbility, you will want to run a plugin called "Popsloader". Pops is the playstation emulator on the PSP, and popsloader lets you use older versions of pops with your firmware, allowing you to choose the best version for the game you are trying to play.

3. tarotmaniac

I have a psp 3000 5.03 M33-6 CFWEnabler 3.50

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

How can you have both on a psp, let alone a 3000?

I'm assuming it's the latter "cfw enabler 3.50", psp 3000's can't have m33 type firmware.

5. tarotmaniac

thats what it says in system info:|

6. TirithRR

There is/was an M33 CFWEnabler.

Basically you'll want to start by converting your CD Image to an Eboot, and then putting that on your memory stick and running it.
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=9995.0

Worry about Popsloader later. (I'm not sure how well it runs on CFWEnabler.)

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Hrm...I used cfw enabler before but didn't see an m33 part (I got paid $50 AUD to install it-they guy was that desperate XD).

Hrm...I think it could be worth a shot...but I'd rather repair the disc and rip that to save downloads.

8. tarotmaniac

I'm gonna finish Downloading the game first then try it

9. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I personally don't use Popsloader, and I dunno why.
    http://pspslimhacks.com/custom-firmware-enabler-3-70-released-cfwenabler/ The new CFWE
    http://pspslimhacks.com/custom-firmware-5-03-gen-c-released/ GEN-C
    I recommend updating to that.

10. tarotmaniac

If i update to those, will i be able to play some games i wasnt ablr to play before like dante's inferno and would it help me with the program i need to play psx games?

11. TirithRR

It will help with some games, but not all (I think Kingdom Hearts BBS is still unplayable). Your PSX games will probably play better with the latest pops, but I don't know how that works on the non-permanent CFW enablers.

12. tarotmaniac

i used that tutorial link you posted and the games work and i didnt even need to update. Can you guys recommend any games? im downloading the spryo games, final fantasy and chrono cross. any others?

13. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Final Fantasy Tactics, Parasite Eve, Xenogears.

14. shannoynism1

shannoynism1 Member

legend of mana will not let me......it says copyright protection information is invalid......how do i fix that...please help me.

15. TirithRR

shannoynism, what firmware are you using?

16. shannoynism1

shannoynism1 Member

6.20 do i need to downgrade
    Post Merge: [time]1273713727[/time]
    wh does that come up when i try to start the game

17. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

6.20?

I assume that is Official Firmware and not Custom Firmware. Not going to work unless your using a custom firmware.

18. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

@shannon

What's your PSP type?

1000, 2000, 3000, or Go?

19. shannoynism1

shannoynism1 Member

i have a 3001

20. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

What's you're firmware?

6.20 right?