1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSX games -- music missing?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Godknown, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godknown

Godknown New Member

I just got a sensor hack done for a flip-top PS2, and now I'm working on just burning the games... however:

The music in certain games is just gone... like Vigilante 8 or Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense, or even Twisted Metal 4. I've tried converting the .bin/.cue to .ccd like other places on the net have suggested, but it still didn't work. I really don't know what else to do, because my searches are coming up with little results.

NOTE: On ePSXe, the music will work with the ePSXe Core Sound plugin. P.e.o.p's plugin does not play the music. I've no idea how to just make the music work period. It seems to only be a problem with PSX games that have audio tracks on them.

So, what do you suggest I do? Thanks in advance! ;D

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

What program are you using to burn the discs?

3. Godknown

Godknown New Member

I used Alcohol 120% and then CloneCD. I've been burning on the lowest speed for my device.

+ Do cue sheets have anything to do with it?
    + Nope. I don't think it does. Problem is still there. =[

Third disc I've tried. =[
    Post Merge: [time]1249748950[/time]
    I believe I just fixed the problem by using Alcohol 120% and switching the recording options to "Play Station" whereas the sub files are not ignored. I knew it had something to do with that! w00t! Thanks for being here! =]]]
    Post Merge: [time]1249770871[/time]
    Alright, the problem actually isn't fixed. I thought it would be. There is still no music, but I found that it is a "CDDA" problem. It's common elsewhere, I think.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I would like to know how to by-pass this problem also-same format, dirrenent game (mortal kombat trilogy) as it has the sound effects but not the music it's self.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.