1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[PSX] Final Fantasy VII Missables

Discussion in 'Cheats & Hints' started by ogh3, Sep 1, 2011.

1. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

I will have a list of them all in categories, and then I will list them all in the order to which they can be found

-------MATERIA----------------LOCATION-------
    Added Effect Cave of Gi
    Bahamut* Temple of Ancients
    Bahamut ZERO* Missed by missing any of the Bahamut summons and any of the four Huge Materia
    Ifrit* Cargo Ship
    Luck Plus Temple of Ancients
    Morph* Temple of Ancients
    MP Absorb Wutai Sidequest (Pre-Disc 3)
    MP Turbo Crater
    Neo Bahamut* Crater
    Phoenix* Fort Condor
    Ramuh* Chocobo Jockey Waiting Room
    Steal-as-Well Missed by missing Leviathan Scales
    * These materia can be accessible by using a Master Materia if missed

-------EQUIPMENT------------------LOCATION-------
    Aegis Armlet Midgar (Disc 2)
    Battle Trumpet Underwater Reactor
    Behemoth Horn Shinra HQ (Disc 2)
    Curse Ring Mideel
    Glow Lance Shinra HQ (Disc 2)
    Hardedge Shinra HQ
    HP Shout Shinra HQ (Disc 2)
    Iron Bangle Sector 7 Slums
    Javelin Gaea Cliff
    Master Fist Shinra HQ (Disc 2)
    Max Ray Midgar (Disc 2)
    Missing Score Midgar (Disc 2)
    Oritsuru Missed by missing Leviathan
    Pile Bunker Shinra HQ (Disc 2)
    Poison Ring Poison Ring
    Princess Guard Temple of Ancients
    Rising Sun Steal from Diamond Weapon
    Scimitar Underwater Reactor
    Shinra Alpha Underwater Reactor
    Shotgun Rocket Town
    Starlight Phone Midgar (Disc 2)
    Touph Ring Steal from Reno
    Umbrella Chocobo Speed Square (Disc 1)
    Warrior Bangle Steal from Eagle Gun
    Yoshiyuki Rocket Town
    Ziedrich Steal from Rude

-------ITEMS-------------------LOCATION-------
    Ghost Hand Train Graveyard
    Graviball Train Graveyard & Midger (Disc 2)
    Vagrisk Claw Steal from CMD Grandhorn

-------KEY ITEMS--------------LOCATION-------
    Huge Materia Mt.Corel
    Huge Materia Fort Condor
    Huge Materia Underwater Reactor
    Huge materia Rocket Town
    Leviathan Scales Underwater Reactor

DISC 1
    -Buy the Iron Bangle in the Sector 7 Slums, it isn't something special, but perfectionists might wanna pick this one up
    -Steal a Ghost Hand from a ghost, or receive it as a drop, this is the only place to obtain one
    -Check the bulletin board in the Shinra HQ first floor for the Turtle's Paradise Flyer. This is one of two chances to look at this, and trust me, it pays off
    -In the Shinra HQ, steal a Hardedge from the enemies, you will have a second opportunity later on, but the sword won't be useful at that point
    -After beating the 67th floor boss in the Shinra HQ, don't forget to pick up the Enemy Skill materia, there are four of these in the game, this is the only missable one
    -Ifrit on Cargo Boat after you have defeated the boss
    -Your first time in the Jockey Waiting Room in the Chocobo Races is your only chance to obtain the Ramuh Summon Materia
    -Added Effect in first room of Cave of Gi. You can go there by means of the second room
    -Talk to the old man in Rocket Town until you look at the rocket, you will obtain the Yoshiyuki. You can only do this now
    -Shotguns are sold in the Rocket Town Weapon Shop for a limited time, you might as well pick this up
    -Luck Plus in the first area of the Temple of Ancients
    -Morph Materia near the room with the rolling rocks in the Temple of Ancients
    -Princess Guard is in Room IIII of the Hour Puzzle in the Temple of Ancients
    -Ribbon is in Room V of the Hour Puzzle in the Temple of Ancients. This is your first chance to find one. It isn't missable, but it is a pain in the ass to find more
    -Bahamut Materia after fighting the Red Dragon boss of the Temple of Ancients

DISC 2
    -Javelin is in a chest in the Gaea Cliffs
    -Second chance to get ribbon from Gaea Cliffs. It isn't missable, but it is a pain in the ass trying to finding more
    -Neo Bahamut on the floor near where you see the Highwind in the Crater
    -MP Turbo Materia on the floor near where you see the Highwind in the Crater
    -Poison Ring in a chest in the Crater
    -Look for a creak near the Accessory Shop in Mideel and pick up the key in it. It opens a door in the back of the Weapon Shop containing the Curse Ring.
    -You can also steal the Curse Ring from Ultima Weapon fight in Mideel
    -Steal Warrior Bangle from Eagle Gun on the Coal Train in Mt.Corel
    -Don't Crash the train in Mt.Corel or else you will miss a Huge Materia and you will not get the Ultima materia for free
    -Don't fail the Fort Condor mini-game (when you play it for the Huge Materia) or else you will miss the Huge Materia
    -Pick up Phoenix materia after the baby hatches in Fort Condor, you cannot return here
    -Battle Trumpet in a chest in the Underwater Reactor
    -Scimitar in a chest in the Underwater Reactor
    -Leviathan Scales in a chest in the Underwater Reactor
    -Steal Shinra Alpha from the soldiers in the Underwater Reactor. I think this is your last chance
    -Destroy Carry Armors' arms first to not miss God's Hands in the Underwater Reactor
    -Destroy Reno's sub to get another Huge Materia. Not Destroying his sub will enable you to steal his red sub, but you cannot get the Huge Materia
    -First chance to steal a Ziedrich from Rude. Trust me, you want this.
    -Don't fail the code in the Rocket from Rocket Town or you will miss another Huge Materia
    -Go to the Gelnika before the end of Disc 2 if you want another chance to steal a Ziedrich from Rude and a Touph Ring from Reno
    -Steal Rising Sun from the Diamond Weapon
    -Before going into Midgar be sure to do the first Wutai Side-Quest to not miss out on MP Absorb materia, you can't do this on Disc 3
    -Before the bridge breaks in the Underbelly of Midgar (Disc 2), don't miss out on picking up Aegis Armlet from a chest
    -Starlight Phone is in a chest in the Underbelly of Midgar (Disc 2)
    -Max Ray is in a chest in the Underbelly of Midgar (Disc 2)
    -W-item is in the very end of the south the Train Tunnels in Midgar (Disc 2). It isn't missable, but it is annoying trying to dig it up in Bone Village
    -Last chance to steal Ziedrich from Rude is in the Train Tunnels in Midgar (Disc 2)
    -Last chance to steal Touph Ring from Reno is in the Train Tunnels in Midgar (Disc 2)
    -First and only chance to steal a Minerva Band from Elena is in the Train Tunnels in Midgar (Disc 2)
    *Navigate the Train Tunnels into Shinra HQ in Midgar (Disc 2). You aren't supposed to come here for the story to go on, but it contains missable items*
    -Take the stairs to get the Behemoth Horn in the Shinra HQ in Midgar (Disc 2)
    -Glow Lance is on the 63rd floor of the Shinra HQ in Midgar (Disc 2)
    -HP Shout is in a locker on the 64th floor of the Shinra HQ in Midgar (Disc 2)
    -Pile Bunker is in a chest in the Item Shop on the 2nd floor of the Shinra HQ in Midgar (Disc 2)
    -Master Fist is in a chest in the Item Shop on the 2nd floor of the Shinra HQ in Midgar (Disc 2)
    -Last chance to see the Turtle Paradise Flyer in the 2nd floor of the Shinra HQ in Midgar (Disc 2)
    -Last chance to steal a Hardedge from enemies in the Shinra HQ in Midgar (Disc 2). At this point it is not very useful, but perfectionists might wanna pick this up
    -If Barret is not in your party as you climb the stairs in the rain in Midgar (Disc 2), you will miss on his Ultimate Weapon, Missing Score

Extras
    -Trine Enemy Skill can be missed if you do not have your Enemy Skills on Yuffie during her Pagoda Side-Quest in Wutai
    -Bahamut ZERO is in Cosmo Canyon as the blue Huge materia if you have obtained all four Huge materia and both Bahamut and Neo Bahamut
    -Oritsuru is in the Wutai caves if you did not miss Leviathan Scales
    -Steal-as-Well materia is in the Wutai caves if you did not miss Leviathan Scales

Disc 3
    -Be wise where you choose to use your Save Crystal in the Northern Cave, you can only use it once and can't change the location of your Save Point
    -The first time your party branches off in the Northern Cave, the left path contains an enemy named Dragon Zombie. The first time you fight him, he will use Pandora's Box Enemy Skill as a final attack. Be sure to equip all your Enemy Skill materias to your characters, as he will NEVER cast this again

There are no other missables in Disc 3 as far as I am concerned, but I may be wrong

This Guide was made by me from notes of my last play through of Final Fantasy VII. If you find anything wrong, tell me, and I'll fix it.

*Added Hardedge to the List and Guide
    *Added 2 Ribbons to the Guide

2. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

And don't forget to steal the hardedge from the soldiers when you first enter Shinra HQ on disc 1, its the only weapon Cloud can get whilst in Midgar.
    Are Shinra betas on there? I can't see them.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you forgot the ribbons

Also knights of the round materia that needs a gold chocobo to get.

4. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

I'll add Hardedge. Shinra Betas can be stolen from the enemies at Junon in the Huge Materia Chapter.

The Master Tonberries in the Northern Cave can be morphed into Ribbons
    Knights of the Round is only missable if someone is retarded enough to sell it when receiving it

5. Loonylion

umm no? You have to put in the effort to breed a gold chocobo and then go and get it. You don't get given it like most other materia.

6. msg2009

They're not much good when the games over. I think you can get them much earlier on cactuar island.

7. Loonylion

theres a ribbon in midgar.

8. msg2009

I was wrong, its tetra elementals you get from cactuar island. I know I have ribbons much earlier than the northern cave but I can't remember where I get them now.

9. Loonylion

they're items you can find/buy if you know where to look.

10. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

I'll add ribbons on the guide, but I'm not going to place it on the list, because they aren't missable

11. Loonylion

some of the ribbons are. The one in midgar you only get one chance to get and if you don't then you can never get it.

12. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

Im wondering if anybody actually used this lol

13. Reider

Reider Modereider

Just as a note, but I recall talking to that old guy a few times in Rocket Town after the rocket launched and getting the Yoshiyuki that way.

He was just a fair bit more depressing to talk to. That and the Yoshiyuki was even more useless to me at that point. Would've loved that sword if it had more slots...

14. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

You can go ahead and add that, I'm too lazy to do it right now :p