1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSX emulator save game failed

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by fury304, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fury304

fury304 New Member

Sorry to ask this but I'm playing xenogears on psx emulator and when i tried to save game for the first time with the configuration "m1" inserted it successfully saved game. I continue playing but when i tried to save it again for the second time, i've noticed that my save game was gone and when i tried to save again it says save failed. try again. I did save again but the same thing happens. I just want to feel like playing again in ps and saving in memory cards. Right now i'm using quicksaves but i reaaly want to make memory cards work.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Which emulator are you using? We ran into a similar problem with another user a while ago, and it took a while but we finally found out what was wrong.

This user was using ePSXe. And he had configured the Memory Card file (*.mcr) location to a folder that did not exist. So when he was playing the game, the emulator would act like there was a Memory card, and it would save, and work correctly until he closed ePSXe. Then the next time he ran ePSXe the memory card would be empty. This was a small bug in the emulator that would allow you to use a non-existant memory card location, but then not actually save anything.

Go into your Memory Card configuration, and verify the path and file name of your memory card files.

This Topic is the one I mentioned. The user had similar problems, and the solution may work for you too.

3. fury304

fury304 New Member

You're right! Looks like I've configured it in the wrong location XD! Now it's saving again! Thanks for the help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.