1. This forum is in read-only mode.

psx emulator iso help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mister crowley, Jul 3, 2010.

1. hmmm i have been very patient with the psx emukator and after painstakingly getting it up and running the only thing from stopping me from enjoying some damn resident evil is downloading the ''ISOs''... i have no problem finding and downloading them but however, when i pull up my psx emulator and try to run my ISOs they dont show up... its honestly very annoying because i know i downloaded them and they are in their own folder but like i said when i go to pull it up the folder shows up but the files do not... any help resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated.

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Re: help pls

Does the RE file have .rar extension?
    If yes, you have to extract it first.

3. Re: help pls

no the file isnt compresed at all.... it kinda looks like a readme file if you know what i mean

4. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Re: help pls

Please read the Forum Rules. Title your thread something more specific than "help please."

5. scottg1990

scottg1990 Well-Known Member

Re: help me pls i think have cancer? and a problem getting my emulator to work

You might hav a bad iso

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You need to tell us what the file extension is.
    If your computer won't show it, then go to your Folder Options and uncheck the "Hide Extensions of Known File Types".

7. Re: help me pls i think have cancer? and a problem getting my emulator to work

i went to a number of different websites and downloaded the ISOs everytime i got te same little readme type file. none of them came in any type of folder.... but heres what it
    says: resident-evil-3-nemesis-u-slus-00923-.7z

8. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

If the file extension is .7z, then the file is compressed.
    You need to extract it either using WinRAR or 7-zip to get the actual cd image inside of the archiver.

PSX emulator only recognize cd image files such as, .iso, .bin, .img, or. mds.

9. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Hey cancer is serious shit, please edit your thread name.

10. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

until i saw your post (just now) i was gonna say the same thing! LOL!

11. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

I agree with Kiekoes , If you kids have ever sean anyone in there coffin beause of cancer, then you know its no joke at all

I have on a few occasions when i was young, And can send cold shivers down your spine