1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSx download

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by terrywuzhere, Dec 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terrywuzhere

terrywuzhere Member

I'm new to this so I need some guidance. I downloaded a PSX game and when unpacked I was given three files. An .img file (biggest) a .sub file (smaller than the .img) and a .ccd file (tiny, I doubt its relevant). I want to get the game onto a disk so I am able to play it on a PSX system. What file needs to be put on a disk, what kind of disk, and what programs will i need besides my .rar unpacker?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you will need imgburn (google it). tell it you want to write image to disc, and choose the .cue file (the .cue contains instructions for the burning program). You need to use branded CD-Rs (Verbatim or TDK work well, CD-RWs will NOT work), and burn at 4x or lower.

3. terrywuzhere

terrywuzhere Member

I'm probably going to sound really dumb but what's the .cue file there was only a .img .sub .ccd file in the .rar group

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I believe the ccd file is the same as a cue file. It's just a file that tells the programs how the data on the CD is arranged.
    IMG is the whole disc data, and SUB is the subchannel data (usually sound or music).

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Yeah i missed that it was a .ccd not .cue, but they're the same thing.

6. terrywuzhere

terrywuzhere Member

Just being sure I need to write the .ccd file to a disk using img burn and i will be able to play the game on psx or am i misssing somethign?

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Your PSX will need to be modded in order to play backup games like this. Otherwise you won't be able to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.